Gears Forums

Movement Mechanics Update - Official Feedback Thread

As part of the Operation 2 release, there were a few changes made to the core movement tuning. The three main goals were intended to address some of the feedback we received during Operation 1. Full details can be found here: https://www.gears5.com/op2-movement-update

We’d love to hear your feedback on these recent changes in this thread to help inform further refinements and future changes!

17 Likes

Movement feels fine always have just hate all these delays with the gnasher and with the gnasher not working correctly its even worse

14 Likes

Feels great to me, a nice improvement overall, slightly more responsive and faster than before and I can be at the ready after a roadie run faster which is great.

6 Likes

Can we get the Map circulation fixed? It’s ridiculous

3 Likes

it’s pretty good don’t change it please.

1 Like

Feels much better to me. Could you look at speed while on cover? When moving while attached to cover feels slow and I often feel like I get stuck on cover.

7 Likes

While I’m not the type of player who tries to exploit every individual mechanic, I don’t see too much of a difference. That said, for those who do see an improvement that’s great! The only pieces of feedback for movement mechanics I’d have have to do with being able to shoot while running around a corner, because it goes center screen aiming for that and looks extremely broken from a visual standpoint. I don’t imagine that ever changing though, would just be nice if the animations could at least keep up with it.

But I’d assume most of the rest of the feedback I’d have are to do with shooting mechanics (like how it kinda feels random when the game decides to use center screen aiming vs barrel aiming), so not much I can say about that here.

3 Likes

Another thing, whether or not more adjustments are needed, I don’t know…I can just comment on my recent impressions and I love how more fast paced the movement feels overall. However, I will say that I am glad you guys did not make huge changes and instead made a small change. Better go gradual when you make core gameplay changes, and I like your approach gauging the community’s feedback after this change. Good stuff

2 Likes

In the minority based off of what I’ve read across a few platforms. I grew accustomed to finishing in the top three of scoring before the update and now typically struggle to even make it into top six. I’ve tried various sensitivity options to try and adapt, but nothing seems to work. Could it be the Gnasher?

I’ll keep at it, but I’m not too hopeful anything will improve unless the opposing team kindly sits still for me to blast them. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not a fan of most of the changes, they seemed nice on paper but in the end the old movement felt better to play.

2 Likes

Can y’all just focus on the shotgun first? Game will be better. Simple thanks. Gib range/ pokes . Get rid of 97% in one. Why not they just go down. Gears 4 shotty was better tbh.

6 Likes

Feels a lot better in Op2.

Now if i could turn off, or remap, the expressions… That’d be great.

gnasher isnt right some of my hits that are supposed to hit arent landing ever since ffa update

7 Likes

So far so good in my opinion! It’s great to see that you are consistently trying to tweek components and make the game better. I still think that the character mechanics on GOW3 was the best it’s ever been, the more TC tweeks it to be like GOW3 the better!

1 Like

This around cover shot is so dumb. It actually makes sense to the player executing the move but you’re right that it feels super broken from the perspective of the player on the receiving end.

5 Likes

Gnasher hipfire hasn’t felt right since the release of Operation 2. I know you guys are seeing everyone complain about it. Needs to be addressed fast.

7 Likes

Amen

@o_GH0UL_o, this thread may interest you.

1 Like

Not bad, not bad at all TC.

Thanks for taking in the feedback and making the changes. Now, if only you guys would remove the emote wheel, or make it harder to access, that would be golden.

Also, the shotgun is a bit “random” at times since OP2, more so than before. But I saw your tweet about it, so hopefully it’ll be addressed sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

Now this is what we wanted. I’d personally like it a bit faster but seriously thank you TC!!!

4 Likes