Gears Forums

Movement and Aiming Issues (Console)

Okay so first off, I really like the feel if the game. I know a lot of people are just wanting a revamped Gears 4, but I personally like the new changes to the weapons and overall pace of the game. Now onto what I feel is the only major issue with the game.

Basically, it feels like there is an input delay on pretty much any command in game. The best way I can describe it is that when you walk, take cover, look in any direction or even pull the trigger to shoot there is the tiniest delay before the game actually puts your controller input into an action in the game. I feel it’s mostly noticeable when trying to wall bounce or take cover and also look around with a high sensitivity. I think what I’m describing is what others have complained about with the movement system feeling clunky or not as crisp as it was in Gears 4. It’s just that I have noticed it’s not just with movement but everything else too. It’s almost has the same feel as trying to move it aim in pubg on console. I hope that its not like that in the full release but I guess all I can do is wait and see. Has anyone else noticed or felt what I’m trying to (poorly) describe here?

2 Likes

I think thats just the server being overwhelmed as they scale up and deploy more servers this should get better. As far as the gnasher input lag im not sure if that has an intended longer delay between shots.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Gears 5 Tech Test - Official Feedback Thread

Yeah im pretty sure thats just the servers and that will iron out.

1 Like

I was referring to the Gnasher seems like there is a slightly larger delay between when you can take shots.

I know what you mean about the gnasher. I think that was changed by design because they’re still to this day trying to encourage players to use other alternatives for close range combat. Its probably not ever gonna happen but like I said I think the fire rate was slightly nerfed by design. I could be wrong though.

1 Like

I think so too thats fine. I adjusted already.

Too bad i need to adjust back to Gears 4 for a month :joy:.

1 Like

I understand what you mean completely. In a post I made, I mentioned how there seemed to be a delay between button presses and the corresponding actions taking place on screen. Not sure if it’s server related, but I do hope TC fixes this.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Gears 5 Tech Test - Official Feedback Thread