Moderator Edit: Closed Discussion

Why have I been suspended for 87 days when I haven’t played for a week. Can t play a game I’ve paid for and got season pass???

1 Like

Prob bc you quit a lot.

3 Likes

I haven’t played in long and don’t quit games, only when my internet drops out… The devs are dumb if you spend so much money on a game and you can t even play it

1 Like

This is the highest suspension we can give out.

You consistently took suspensions for granted and continued to quit. You had plenty of opportunity to turn your behavior around. Quitters harm other player experiences and we take this very seriously.

— TC Octus (@OctusTC) May 23, 2018
There is your answer ^^
4 Likes

Wow, had it coming.

1 Like

Honestly, it bothers me a lot that they leave the Matchmaking, it’s frustrating. I do not know which of the two versions is the true one. But I do not see another way to punish those who leave.

2 Likes

Lol, i havent had one suspension until this one. Give me my refund

Well if you quit as much as they say you have then i’m going to go ahead and say you have been suspended before.

1 Like

You have been suspended for quitting game sessions A LOT. 90 days is the biggest suspension.

Quitters harm other player experiences and we take this very seriously. When your suspension is over, stop quitting Ranked Matches, consistently finish them and it won’t happen again.

7 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

I was just wondering why I came home from work and had a 90 day suspension from match making?! I will not be purchasing gears 5 if this holds.

2 Likes

It’s encouraging to see theres a harsher punishment for repeating offenders. Good look TC.

4 Likes

Refund? If you get kicked out of an event for violating the rules, they don’t refund you. If you brick your iphone, they don’t refund you. Making a purchase does not exempt you from rules and standards.

I seriously hope TC gets more aggressive with this. Quitters are a poison to the community right now. I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen a quitter suddenly on YouTube, Fortnight, etc. If you enter a ranked match, your quitting affects several other people and forces them to endure 20 min of frustration because you couldn’t commit to your match. Quitters; give us teammates a refund for our time that you wasted every time you quit on us.

9 Likes

I’m officially done with gears… I play the game the right way every time I play and because other people quit and leave me in a handicapped match, I’m supposed to just stay and waste my time??? I’ll never play another gears again in my life. This is ridiculous and senseless… This game has become the most horrible game to play on Xbox. Enjoy this trash community, I’m out

1 Like

This discussion has been closed. Question has been answered.

Just to add to this -

Our Penalty System is now operating more accurately than before, which is resulting in some rampant quitters in the community receiving long-term bans from Ranked Matchmaking.

We are committed to combating quitters and this is just one step we’re making to protect the integrity of Ranked Matches as best we can.

7 Likes