Mode horde ZpDeadmau5 operation 3

It would be very cool, very cool that they put horde rewards as well as escape from reaching the top 5 or 10 would not be incredible :wink::yum::video_game:

1 Like

Yeah, I hope they’ll do something like that in the (near) future.

Especially for Master players.

1 Like

Totally agree. It seems weird that there isn’t anything right now given several Horde-only characters like Kait and Del have score boost cards.

1 Like

To be fair, technically it makes sense to me if TC were planning to eventually add the Horde only characters to Escape as they(or Rod) had alluded to when they revealed the mode at E3 last year, saying they were planning to bring characters “like Kait” to the mode post-launch, and we’ve seen this starting with Marcus. To me it seems this will be the case for others as their skills cards all say they give a score bonus in Horde as well as a time bonus in Escape even when they are not yet present in it.

1 Like

And how crap Marcus is in Escape hehe.

Curious how Kait will do in Escape, especially with her bleed card.

1 Like

I don’t play Marcus in neither Horde nor Escape, so I wouldn’t know if he was any use in it. Also curious to see how Kait will play out, but it’s largely reliant on shotguns so may not be great for every hive(if there’s no Gnashers or Overkills to be found). Well, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for her as an Escape character in Operation 3, but I’m not really expecting it. Who knows.

1 Like

I think some of the Horde characters could be very overpowered for certain Hives.

Kait could synergise really well with Keegan’s Recharge Bounty and boost her Cloak ability and some sections could be really easy, especially as you say, if she has a shotgun too. Keegan could also provide Kait with enough shotgun ammo to fight with too.

Fahz could use his Patience card (take no damage for 2 minutes) to boost his X-Ray ability and on certain maps where there are things like the Longshot, he could pop enemies like Scions from very long distances through walls. And bear in mind not all enemies are immediately active so his Ambush card could apply in alot of situations.

1 Like

Keegan can already man handle almost all of an entire hive with handheld explosive weapons, or a Salvo, using Recharge Bounty, Venom Recharge, Explosive Venom Resupply and Shredder(5th skill is up for debate). Literally never running out of explosives. He is a serious powerhouse if the circumstances are right. I don’t see how allowing players to basically do the same but with other characters will change much.

1 Like

I think the key difference is that Keegan would need explosive weapons which aren’t as frequently found, whereas Fahz amd Kait would get their preferred weapons more frequently through killed enemies like Hunters (Markza) or Grenadiers (shotguns). Keegan just needs to provide them with enough ammo. I think some serious balancing needs to be done for the remaining characters.

1 Like

Keegan sorta has to kill some enemies of his own to be able to get Resupply frequently. And as far as I’m aware most hives give you an explosive weapon fairly early on so it kind of feels like a moot point imo. Plus, grenade duplication still exists so Keegan basically gets infinite frags too.

Kait also has to close in to close range to Gnasher enemies. Which is risky to say the least. And have you ever tried killing Drone Elites or Scions with a Markza? Even with Fahz I doubt it would be highly efficient.

1 Like

I use the Markza frequently as Baird and it’s still very effective. Granted Baird has bleed damage, but his overall damage is lower. Fahz also has his Exploit Weakness card which is worth an extra 50% damage, and the initial shot is another 130% extra on the first shot on undamaged enemies.

Mac in his own right can deal a fair bit of damage with his Boltok. Fahz would pretty much match that when not in venom. Fahz’s advantage would be his X-Ray which would recharge very quickly wih his Patience card.

1 Like

I have recently started using Fahz but personally, I don’t find Patience to be particularly great in Horde. Just a single stray bullet will reset it. It may have more uses in Escape if you have the time to wait out the venom, and not get shot with Fahz. But Lizzie has permanently faster recharge for the Silverback unless she’s the last one standing too, and the Silverback is arguably one of the most powerful tools in Escape. Assuming your teammates know how to use the opportunities it provides.

And Escape weapons generally feel more effective than their Horde counterparts anyway because there is no excessive and unnecessary 2.0x/2.5x health poisons on them right off the bat, but really, I don’t find the Markza to be that great in it regardless, often preferring to use a Longshot, even EMBAR or a Claw over it, or perhaps a Hammerburst. It just feels underwhelming compared to other weapon options. Particularly the Boltok which does massive headshot damage in comparison. But that’s just me…

1 Like

Yeah in Horde 2 minutes is too long. In Escape, the style of play is quite different and I think Fahz would be well suited because it’s a series of separate enemy encounters down a series of small rooms and corridors. The enemy are static until they are alerted to your whereabouts so Fahz can get the first shot off which will deal alot of damage if you take your time and get an active reload as well; whereas Horde features a longer single encounter with alot more enemies on a wider map and who are constantly moving and aware of your position.

1 Like