Gears Forums

Microsoft Stereotyping GOW Fans As Nasty Trolls? :D

Just played a game with someone and received a message from them afterwards which was flagged as “potentially offensive”.

Turned out to be this:

Do GOW fans have a reputation or something?

:smiley:

20 Likes

Nice

13 Likes

Sometimes when I create a public match it flags my lobby name as offensive and won’t let me use it. I promise that it was nothing even close and there was one time when I replaced it with - “something microsoft won’t mind” and still it called that offensive as if to tell me that the things they don’t mind would bother us :laughing:
I think that their algorithm for detecting inappropriateness is messed up (and I think it’s so messed up that they have to turn it off every now and then).

2 Likes

I’m telling @GhostofDelta2! You’re gonna be in so much trouble!

6 Likes

Some1 posted about this the other day.

Wonder what would of happened if u reported it 1st then looked at the potentially offensive messg🤔

An innocent person would have gotten a 14 day communications ban? :neutral_face:

Lol

at this point Microsoft should be thankful that we’re spending time on Gears 5 , since the mess it has been

its just a miracle that most of us hasn’t been spending time playing Chess instead.

5 Likes

“This person’s reputation needs work”

2 Likes

WHAT?! SERIOUSLY?!

How is that even possible? Our infinitely kind, loving and thoughtful community is well known for its strict no-nonsense approach to being against bad sportsmanship and unnecessary aggro in both gameplay and communication!

7 Likes

MS bots so jumpy it’s like someone getting sniped for crackin a soda can lmao

Ah you know as well as me that @GhostofDelta2 is the worst moderator ever. After all, he’s friends with us.

3 Likes

It was probably justified. People with flags on their profiles are few and far between on XBL.

Which reminds me, @Bleeding_Pepper I dunno if this breaks guidelines so I’d probably paint over the GT.

Its fine as he isn’t calling out the player :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice thread you got there mate.

4 Likes

1 Like

Same here I’ve have gotten a few over the past couple months and when I expect something really bad it’s nothing. The actual messages that I do get that are explicit go right through.

1 Like

I had send some “nice” messages to random players, maybe this is the reason I never got an answer afterwards

:laughing:

1 Like