Master Escape SOLO - Gunner Speedrun on The Malfunction

Hey folks, for those of you still keeping tabs on Escape: on the back of The Split speedrun with Gunner, I have decided to try running The Malfunction and here is the result - around 4.5 minutes actual gameplay, just 2 ultimates and 8 kills :slightly_smiling_face: Hope you enjoy and happy holidays!

10 Likes

These Gunner speedruns are always interesting. They show off things you wouldn’t usually see like those rejects spawning out of thin air because the game doesn’t expect you to be there that fast or enemies not spawning because the TC original maps have some sort of weird enemy limit.

1 Like

I hope this doesn’t lead to a surge in players wanting to run this like The Surge on insane… :smiley:

1 Like

People still do that? lol

1 Like

I see them on the Escape browser. Not as many as there used to be, but I still see 2-3 (over 1 and half pages).

2 Likes

Ha. A surge of players. :smirk:

That actually reminds me, I never got that achievement for… was it making it through a master hive without shooting your gun? I think that’s the last Escape achievement I have left. What’s a good map for doing that?

1 Like

The Clock I guess. It’s super easy if you get the Reject spawns; and a little bit harder if you get the Drones and Grenadiers (but still pretty easy). I just use Blademaster and ride the venom, but watch out for the Ultra Stopping Power.

As an FYI, I think the “no shoot” condition relates to ANY use of the shoot button, so that includes throw grenades (although I believe you can plant grenades).

2 Likes

That explains why I don’t already have it, because I’m positive I’ve gotten through Venom Run with a BM and not firing a gun. But I’m positive I would’ve thrown a flash.

1 Like

Melee Brawl if you’re a real man

4 Likes

You can throw grenades. Its basically the same thing as a “Zero Shot” run in Halo if youre familiar with those. You can do anything besides shooting your weapon, so you can throw/plant grenades and melee/execute enemies.

1 Like

Huh. Then is it team-wide? Because I’ve beaten Venom Run on Master with a BM and I don’t see why I would have fired a shot lol.

Maybe I’ll try for that achievement this week. Haven’t played Escape in a couple months.

1 Like

Yes its team-wide. If you have teammates, that is. Venom Run is a pretty easy solo for BM no shots fired if you get Grenadiers first.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for tuning in :slightly_smiling_face: I don’t see it being the new Surge, it’s a lot harder and it’s a bigger hive than Surge, although I would welcome something other than Clock or Surge runs becoming the new norm for speedruns!

@staindgrey I can help with the ‘no shots fired’ run, add me on xbox if you like and we’ll run it together :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The Wanderer - we never fire a bullet. I’ve mastered that hive dozens of times as Brawler with my friend, it’s pretty easy on Master. We have it down to a system though of who uses their Ult when and it works well each time. That’s how we got the never fire a bullet thing. You shouldn’t need to fire a bullet during Detour either if no poppers. Even if so, sometimes up can just run by them and Ult on the pad to chain kill then with All the Glory.

1 Like

A couple of people found out that every map can be solod without shooting a bullet. Its pretty much just a person’s personal preference honestly.

2 Likes

I actually just did it yesterday, but thank you.

Turns out The Mines is really easy as Protector lol.

When you’re dedicated enough, there are a lot of things you can do in games that just require a LOT of patience and trial & error.

Best individual feat I’ve got is still soloing Platinum in Mass Effect 3, but that was a terrible, terrible slog and I will never do something like that again. Holy ■■■■ was it stressful haha.

2 Likes

Oh I know. The last melee only solo I did took alot of patience and brainstorming. Its like a different game when you can’t shoot anything.

3 Likes

Poppers on the map is a very plausible explanation to fire a shot with an otherwise melee based class while playing Venom Run.

3 Likes

Now I just have flashbacks on The Split Solo with Protector ._.
God that was a pain…

1 Like