Gears Forums

Marcus appearing in MK? Yay or Nay?

(DLCarr17) #1

Marcus Fenix as a guest character in MK11… Would you like to see it? I know I would. You’d be taking a character from my favorite all time franchise and putting him in my favorite fighting game franchise. He would fit perfectly in with all that Brutality. Think about the Chainsodomy fatality you could get and the use of the Lancer, Gnasher, and Snub in combat. I can picture it perfectly.

With Raam appearing in Killer Instinct TC is clearly open to some crossover action when it works. I guess it wouldn’t have to be Marcus and could be a Drone or Grenadier but I’d love to see that Gears guest character in this game. Already pre ordered anyway and this would be the icing on the bloody cake!

(jvergoth) #2

Not a big MK fan but more Marcus is always good. :grin:

(SchizoPsycho74) #3

I can’t imagine what his fatalities would be like.

(The Sloth T34) #4

I would say nay. He doesn’t have any unique qualities. His brutality is lite compare to most mk characters.

(sancris777) #5

I don’t think seeing marcus move all fast and doing martial arts would look right sense hes not really that kind of character

(WaiseWolke17700) #6

I think RAAM would be more fitting though.

(Asurazu Rasu) #7

Skorge would be a better fit in the MK Universe

(Stoic Slab) #8

I’m not into MK, or fighting games for that matter, but I was under the impression that it had the styles of a 80s/90s Kung Fu action flick.

RAAM and Marcus don’t really gel well, but Skorge on the other hand seems like a natural fit.

(DLCarr17) #9

Marcus kicks the opponents shoulder to turn them away from him and the camera shows the enemy from a front view. You hear the chainsaw start. You see the start of the blood rip at the crotch and a bloody spurt of gore sprays out as the chainsaw moves vertically all the way through the enemies head. After a second delay Marcus hand pop through the split and rip them apart. Something like that. *shrug

(DLCarr17) #10

This could be the chance to up the brutality for Marcus but not everyone likes crossover characters so it cool. Thanks for jumping into the conversation. It’s nice for someone to have a different opinion and express it without insults. <3

(DLCarr17) #11

Yeah I wouldn’t picture him moving fast or doing Jujitsu. I picture him more as a slow moving power character that can move through light damage to get close to his opponents for heavy hits and using the Lancer for more ranged Kombat somewhat like Stryker.

(DLCarr17) #12

Could be but since Raam made it into KI I’d think they would prefer a different character.

(DLCarr17) #13

He would be more light on his feet and that duel chainsaw staff could make for some sweet combos.

(Buster McTunder) #14

I don’t think any of the Human characters in Gears are really built for MK-style combat. Maybe a tribal Tai. But I’d rather see Raam or Uzil or a Kantus like in Killer Instinct.