Gears Forums

Man do I need a Horde event

I know Jungle ( ha ha ) Juvies just ended but I need something to inspire me to get my Horde on. .Something different. Something challenging.
I miss some of the old horde events like Rolling with the Heavies from Gears 2 where it was nothing but Boomers and Grinders ThatWas pure mayhem. I know they are in damage control on TU4 and that is the priority. But IM BORED

3 Likes

Praying for one big ■■■ Horde update when Operation 3 launches, in March…

We need way more enemies/maps etc.

4 Likes

Gears 5 against Gears POP!? :sunglasses:
Fighting against waves of POP’ed monsters!? :smirk:

I’ll take BIG Heads any day.

2 Likes

Definitely something more inspired than the Halloween event.

I could go for an old school event, where enemy damage and health is scaled for no fortifications, and you lose the ability to build anything entirely.

2 Likes

Oh man, you mean make it a challenge and fun to play!? That would be a nice change of pace for gears 5 horde.

Even the jingle juvies horde event was an uninspired half â– â– â– â– â–  attempt at Juvie madness from gears of war 4.

I must say, the juvie event in Gears 4 was awesome! :smile: I´am wreally sad, that in 4 the quickplay horde special event stocked at monstermash and not the juvie event. I know, that I can create a private lobby and choose the mode I want to play, but in 4 I only play with quickplay, this is better in 5 with the hosted matches.

And I still have the hope, that TC will bring back the locust into the gears universe. Include them into horde or make a special event with it. I want to fight against locust, tickers, boomers, kantus and all the other epic enemies. And the boss wave in the special event will be…THE CORPSER. :grin: I would play this mode until my controller exploses.

Loved the squeaky voices.:sunglasses:it certainly made my day

We need a permanent 25 wave variant.

4 Likes

I played Horde on Gears 4 last night and trust me, you’re better going back. A very reliable source has told me nothing but terrible things about Gears 5’s Horde.

1 Like

Preferably variantS :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only horde event that would get me to consider playing that woeful snoozefest again would be one that removes the pathetic hero system.

But we know TC are too far mired in greed and will not change that particular cashcow.

Greed and greed having a key role in dev choices = poor player experiences.

1 Like

It would have been nice to run the terminator event again, Seems easy enough to do.

1 Like

They should fix the game first.

3 Likes

COG vs… COG!? :sunglasses:
As for main bosses and sub bosses: Marcus, Baird, JD, Kait, etc… etc…!? Or somebody with that big mech from Gears 4!? :thinking:

Monster mash would be a good start.

2 Likes

Without heroes hoff🙄

I wish mate :cry:

1 Like

I’m sure I watched you and two mates a few times on twitch, gears 4, barriers and decoys only. Was that you ?

Swarm spawn on fallout if I remember correctly, inconceivable.

1 Like

We did the 34 maps incon ironman…no sentries/turrets/strikes…streamed most of them on twitch hoff…and as far as im aware…myself @jmelia123 and calfow…were the only team to do 3 man incon again no sentries/turrets/strikes…beat about 12 maps as a 3man…again some were streamed…so yes m8 uv probably caught some of those when we were doing them.:grin:

1 Like