Gears Forums

[Main] Ranking System Discussion, and Feedback

discussion
ranks
ranking

(Redfox888) #1944

Yah this just happended to last game and it was the same guy doing it the whole time he ended with like 35 kills and at the bottom of the scoreboard.

How much does your score on the scoreboard affect it?

(III EnVii III) #1945

I find it really rare to be with a player that only just kill steals. 35 is a lot.

But it’s part of playing with fandoms - you have to accept it’s going to happen.

The only way to avoid it is to play in a team - which is always the best way to play.

Score itself has no affect on rank - I remember TC Octus saying this directly in a video when Ryan Featured.

(Redfox888) #1946

He wasnt just stealing he was getting his own to but yah he had at least 35 kills and was almost never pushing the hill in the first round. It did not help that another one went afk after the first round which we won.

(III EnVii III) #1947

Then it’s what I expect going into those matches under those circumstances.

It’s not ideal, but you can’t really avoid / do anything about it.

AFK and Quitters really annoy me because it normally means I’m losing a game I should easily win …

(Drinkands im) #1948

Wins count more than personal performance. So
Assists are important.

(Drinkands im) #1949

I typically dont care if someone takes my guys downed by lancer. What i do care about is the great number of randoms that steal my downs in 2v2 Gnashers.

(Redfox888) #1950

So can someone explain why I keep droping. I lost over 30% in one day. I had some bad games with this oh so wonderful connection I have. That doesn’t help my consistancy I know but most of my games are above 20 kills. I even had a few that were at or above 30. I usually go positive if i get over 20. My bad games will be in the teens and definateky dieing more then.

I unfortunately play solo because of my connection problems as I dont want to do that to a party member. But the wins seem more important than the actual kills.

I have been triing to play better and get more kills but it seemed to me to go up faster if i concentrated on caps and breaks rather than jumping out of the ring to grab to or three kills. Ive been getting doubles and triples all day and still go down alot when I lose and barely go up when I win.

(Redfox888) #1951

It just dropped me almost 2% even though i was 2nd out of 10. wins are definately more imprtant than kills with 22 kills in 2 rounds the only play to out kill me was on the other team and he had 27 I think.

Now my prior game was also a loss but it went for 3 rounds and I had 42 kills and it did not drop my rank it actually raised it slightly. I was third out of 10 in that game being also only beat out by the 2 top players on the opposing team. They had 55 and 50 each.

(Redfox888) #1952

Just took another hit to the rank this time after a win with 47 kills. I was third for kills in the room it was 55,51 and then me at 47 all on the same team. I dropped from 31% to 30%. This ranking system doesnt seem to care about kills what so ever. I had way less caps and breaks this game with only 8 instead of 16 and idk how many breaks i forgot to check. It seems to me that playing solo that making sure your playing the objective is better than going for kills.

(Drinkands im) #1953

The ranking system doesnt look at one match. What is your K/D and your win%? Because i see those two components as the most important driver of ranking up and ranking down. Your K/D needs to be above 1 and win% above 50 to go up. Probably even higher depending on the Rank.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #1954

Post screen shots

(GhostofDelta2) #1955

Please be clear and tell people to post screenshots of the game. Otherwise we might get things none of us want :stuck_out_tongue:

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #1956

Ohhhhhhh…right you are Ghost!

@Redfox888 Screen shots of this game! Not of your…

(Drinkands im) #1957

20 kills is really low anyways. And its K/D that matters. So posting his screenshots of 20 kills wont help him lol. Especially if that is over three rounds.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #1958

That’s fairly relative. If you play a TDM game where the rest of your teammates got only 6-12 kills, then 20 is a decent amount. And K/D doesn’t matter as much, especially in Koth.
So yes, screen shots would definitely help in determining how well he is playing relative to his team and opposition.

(Drinkands im) #1959

K/D is still how your personal performance is determined in KOTH. Read the trueskill2 document. Caps only count towards your performance if you win.

(Drinkands im) #1960

Score was not determined to impact match outcome. So only K/D matters even in KOTH. The only thing that caps help with is winning the match. So you can rank by winning a high % of matches and rank quicker if you have a high k/d. And that is the only way you can rank up. You need to out perform your peers/higher ranks and win to gain the most.

(Redfox888) #1961

KOTH doesn’t show deaths on the scoreboard. Earning a solid ribbon means you go positive right? I get one of those almost every match. My total ranked K/d is .88 but thats because i used to try and be a hero and take on three guys at once. I dont do that anymore so it should be improving but KOTH rank seems to keep dropping.

Then this happens. I play 2 TDM only score 6 kills each game but jump from bronze3 50% to bronze 3 98%. How are you supposed to improve if you cabt tell what to improve on?

(Drinkands im) #1962

What is your win% if you arent winning more than losing you will be headed downwards.

(Drinkands im) #1963

And yes solid means you went positive so that is good. Aim on improving K/D and doing what it takes to win which means getting caps and holding them. So you should be using both Lancer and Gnasher at least. You should also be picking up any power weapons on your path to cap. Regardless if you even use it frags, boom, etc. if you have it then your opponent doesnt. This is super important.