Gears Forums

[Main] Ranking System Discussion, and Feedback

discussion
ranks
ranking

(Mr RBX) #1521

The thing people like you miss is that just because you “understand” the system and it makes sense within its own warped logic doesn’t mean the system is good . The proof is in how dead this game is. The fact that there is such an amount of confusion about a ranked that i’ve never seen in any other multiplayer game is a problem and the fault of the devs.

The whole thing is asinine. It doesn’t take into account play style, game flow, lag, quitters, or team makeup. Ranked should not be constant unfun sweats where at the end I just want it finished because the expects you to constantly play that way like a robot.

I’m not “not getting better” just because I don’t have the most kills. How do you know how they got this kills? My callouts? Tags? My lancer? My down? Positioning? No ranked system is flawless but there are countless others that have done it better than what we’ve been saddled with in Gears 4. It actively makes me not want to play the game period the more I think about how it works internally. This is without talking about having to fight laggy people and terrible server performance match in, match out.

(III EnVii III) #1522

See, people like you do this all the time, you assume that I’ve said the system is good or perfect or acceptable. Quite the opposite but no point repeating myself as it seems lost on you anyway.

To be fair, TC have spoken about this so many times, provided simple guides to follow and have even made videos with very simple explanations that to a degree - the player needs only invest a small amount of time to grasp the system.

But the basics are - the top performing players, the consistent ones - will get to the top.

The rest seem offended somehow that they aren’t in the top ranks.

The only thing it doesn’t really take into account are people’s ping - I’m at a massive disadvantage when outside my region. Sometimes I force this to get games. Sometimes it’s so far out that it’s near on impossible to win. I agree there.

The rest, I disagree on.

Matches should be very competitive - you are in a ranked playlist. People are comfortable with easy games. This then means you aren’t really getting better, not testing yourself and that the win doesn’t mean much.

These matches will now be even more likely due to Stricter MM and it’s a shame I can’t play with this system due to a severely low and basically non-existence playberase.

The game rewards those that can be in the positions to go and get kills. When I play with diamonds - we all slay and evenly distribute kills - yet we all assist and make callouts for each other too.

It’s much easier to sit back and play assist - hence not being an overall player whereas any one of my Diamond friends do both roles on the fly.

What system would you propose?

The game does accurately attribute top ranks to top players, that’s for sure - on the whole the system that Gears 4 has does work.

It’s not perfect and there are some flaws or frustrations, definitely - but if you are good enough, you will get there.

The people that think they deserve the top ranks need to look at their own performances - not just in one or two good games, but game after game.

Again, I open up discussion from your or anyone’s completed matches - post a few to see what kind of performance you are putting in.

But ultimately - there is no top rank for an assisting player - you have to be an all round top player - one that can go in and get the kills but also help the team with assists, callouts and clever positioning…

(Laaaaaancer) #1523

I wish I could find a stack. Everyone I play with or against only speaks Spanish.

I hope TC fixes this for 5. English speakers and non-English speakers should be segregated.

(Mr RBX) #1524

So you don’t think the system is good, perfect, or acceptable…but you sit here and write paragraphs daily defending it just because you’re another laggy dude hopping on a server you dont beblong on and you got your diamond already. Of course the only people who would do so benfits from this crap.

(GhostofDelta2) #1525

He isn’t defending it, he has stated that he is clearing up misconceptions.

(I JesseBlue I) #1526

Its so funny. Every one hates the ranking system (me included), and the only people who defend it are those who get diamond ranks. Im sure there are some really good players out there who deserve it, but the most diamond players I see have two bronze players on their team or have a constant 5 ping or do something else to manipulate the ranking system. I dont care about my rank but I must say that these diamond skins and emblems look very nice. Its like"hey we got this nice skins and emblems, but you’ll never get it". Well done TC :clap:

(III EnVii III) #1527

Exactly as @GhostofDelta2 said, I’m just trying to help those who want to make sense of it / want to understand what’s happening with the system we have. I’ve spoken out about the flaws in the system - as I said before I didn’t elaborate on this because, as proven by your response, you don’t want to listen to reason. But excuse me for writing paragraphs and trying to put together a comprehensive reply …

???

Wait, slow down, throwing accusations like this just show you aren’t a rational person who is thinking through what he is saying.

Let me just straighten this point out for you -

I would NEVER want to be placed outside my home server.

Ever.

Why?

I get buttery smooth 5ms ping - why would I ever want to give this up? And it’s what I’ve been used to for over 2 years now since the game came out - it’s how I’ve adapted to play.

There are two instances of when I get out outside my server.

1). The game randomly puts me on a different server (I have no control).

2). TC implemented Strict MM this season - first for KOTH and now for TDM. This has stopped me finding games altogether.

So as a LAST RESORT i would search with my US friends at around 11pm to 4am to try and get some games together.

Now since Season 6 and since doing this, I’ve played LESS THAN 10 games this way - when I’ve been searching for HOURS and HOURS.

It’s gotten to the point now where I’ve actually given up on Gears 4.

But to class me as a “Laggy Diamond Player” is ridiculous - I played a few matches, literally less than a dozen to try and get games, that’s it, if not, I’ve been playing on my local server - “where I belong”.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #1528

Yes, exactly.
These personal attacks on him are hilarious. They would not last 5 seconds with @III_EnVii_III :joy:

(Laaaaaancer) #1529

I wanna 1v1 him. Curious to see how good he is since I’ve seen a few mention it.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #1530

He’s a D5…you’d get butchered.
I’ve 1v1ed him myself, and I can can attest to his skill

(Laaaaaancer) #1532

I’ve beaten a D5 in a private lobby 1v1, but I appreciate the optimism.

(RYL Trespasser) #1533

As a gold 3 I win 9 games straight against onyx 3s and diamonds and dont move up any percentage, then lose the 10th game and go down?? Havent moved up any percentage for the 15 plus wins today but drop percentage each and every one of the 3 loses today. Tell me how that makes sense… Explain to me how your ranking system isn’t faultered, Garbage…

(III EnVii III) #1534

Dreaming doesn’t count :+1:

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #1535

Lol. They hate you Envii. No clue why, but they just do😂

@Laaaaaancer Knock yourself out bro

(Laaaaaancer) #1536

:slight_smile:

I don’t hate Envii.

And I’m up for it if Envii is!

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #1537

Why though? Because from what I can tell, you think that he’s overstated his skill, thus making MM impossible for him. And to prove that he isn’t as skilled as you say, you want to 1v1 him.

I get that you’ve beaten D5s before. We all have. I’ve played with and against some really crappy Ds. But I can honestly tell you that Envii is as skilled as they come.

(Laaaaaancer) #1538

I like 1v1s. They’re fun. I don’t think he’s a bad player at all. Even on PC, D5 players are skilled (and I don’t mean this as a disparagement. It just seems like every PC player is a Diamond :stuck_out_tongue: ). If he were to win against me, I wouldn’t be surprised.

I recognize some of the names of the people he plays with (in the screenshots he posted). They’re solid players, so I don’t doubt that he is too.

(III EnVii III) #1539

I don’t find 1v1s “fun”.

If there was a ranked playlist where I could test myself then perhaps I would grow to like them - but they are very one dimensional as it stands otherwise, to me anyway.

Plus I don’t know your region.

I’m up for 2v2s with anyone though :+1:

(Laaaaaancer) #1540

That’s fair. I used to not like them either.

I’m US Central.

I would be up for that! My only friend who plays this game is rarely on though :frowning:

(III EnVii III) #1541

We can get @DAVID_THE_CLOWN to host - you will still have an advantage but I’m ok with that :+1:

Because on my servers it will pretty much be a 7-0 :eyes: