Gears Forums

[Main] Ranking System Discussion, and Feedback

And if you’ve been playing a long time at a certain skill level / rank - it’s more difficult to break out, not impossible but you have to show improvement consistently.

1 Like

Yup i wasnt moving at 61% in Gnashers yesterday for like 10 matches all wins lost one went down to 58%. Then we beat a Diamond 2 (MVP) and i jumped 10% and have been moving up in every win since. It just shows when your rank is above your Skill Rating you can only go down until you raise your Skill Rating (which is based solely on Personal Performance).

2 Likes

Pretty much :+1:

1 Like

Just a few things to understand about the ranking system:

1. You cant go up if your Personal
    Skill Rating is not above your Rank. The way you can tell is if you win and dont go up, or if you lose and go down.
  2. You aren’t always going to see a big gain if you have a good match. Even if you had a great match and raised your skill rating, it could still be below your Rank. And it is if you didnt see an increase.
  3. Every round counts towards your skill rating. You can increase or decrease your Skill Rating with one great round or one horrible round, regardless of if you win or lose the match.

To summarize focus on performing the best you can every round. Don’t give up and always look
For areas of improvement.

2 Likes

Excellent summary!

We should perhaps get a new thread for Gears 5 and start a fresh :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i wonder what the ranking system will be like…

1 Like

Yeah, will be interesting to see what they go with.

1 Like

I wonder if we will get a glimpse of it this weekend?

Doubt it,

Probably just the levels system if anything.

Although, they could have it on in the background to test themselves and adjust the Criteria or allocation of Ranks when it launches.

1 Like

I can’t wait to totally out-rank you

1 Like

We still need our 2v2 match vs @III_EnVii_III and his teammate of choice, but he keeps ducking us.

1 Like

He’s totally scared

2 Likes

It can be the opener to the FFA Forum Event :wink:

1 Like

You probably will with ease, I’m not very good :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ranking system is being unveiled Friday, and supposedly is part of the Tech Test.

Nice,

I wonder if it’s player facing or they just telling us and it’s working the background?

Will find out soon!

It’s 50/50 right now whether I will make it for Friday.

Will know tomorrow morning :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I always see your picture next to this topic, I knew the post count had to be something decent :joy:

2 Likes

Ooofff only 4 away from that 600 :grimacing:

patiently waiting for next person to repeat the same concerns

3 Likes

Wow! I post too much lol.

2 Likes

I can see it now, when you hit that 1000 mark…

-Victim complains of not advancing-
-EnVii replies-
-Victim barely even shows the slightest doubt-
EnVii:

“YOU DARE TO QUESTION ME ON THE RANKING SYSTEM, MERE MORTAL?! I AM THE SYSTEM!”

4 Likes