Gears Forums

[Main] Ranking System Discussion, and Feedback

ranks
discussion
ranking

(Krylon Blue) #1275

Onyx 3 may very well be the hardest workers in the game. Once you get Diamond you don’t feel like there’s much to prove but your skill will still being the victories in. An Onyx 3 is doing everything in their power to make that leap into Diamond.

Once you hit Onyx 3 it’s time to realize it’s not a Gnasher only game. That’s what separates an Onyx 3 from getting to Diamond. The sweat is real. :laughing:

Also, depends on your definition of better. Are they really better or is the scoreboard your point of reference? A higher score doesn’t always imply more skillful. My group has Diamonds and Onyx and the Diamond isn’t always up top due to less captures and other things. That doesn’t mean they’re not better players though. :sunglasses:

(XpL Ultrax) #1276

Guys. Today starts the new season. I am excited! :wink:

(III EnVii III) #1277

The only thing I don’t like is the ranks take 2 hours to change.

So if you just miss the change window and you are waiting for the change then this feels like forever :joy:

Especially when your waiting for Gold 1 to Gold 2 or something like that :sweat_smile:

Hopefully I go into Onyx 2 on my placements and then it’s one change to Onyx 3, a bit of a grind to Diamond and then upwards from there quite quick. D1 to D2 is also quite a quick change for me also. D3 to D4 will take longer and then the work begins for D5 :raised_hands:

(hilbert66) #1278

I had seen dia3/4players xd how?

(III EnVii III) #1279

If you had it before easier to get due to high Skill Rating.

(XpL Ultrax) #1280

Seeing a d3 or 4 now is insane. I am close to d1 in koth, maybe two more wins but d3… just wow

(hilbert66) #1281

I think they got no life :joy::bomb: i need working if i want eat something :upside_down_face::relieved::smile::neutral_face:

(III EnVii III) #1282

Generally how life works :+1:

(III EnVii III) #1284

Agreed,

@TC_Octus still a few cheaters ruining MP and they seem to be on for a days at a time before anything is even done.

Several people from the community report them and yet they are still active.

Then when the time comes, they just make a new account as it’s so easy and then carry on ruining the game for others.

This of course affects your ranking and drives people away from the game.

(Senerch23) #1285

Lose a game 3v5, drop 5%. The ranking system is idiotic.

(XpL Ultrax) #1286

Yesterday I gained 8 percent after a loss. Wtf happened. I was Onyx 3 and MvP. Koth

(III EnVii III) #1287

Did you win a round in the loss?

(XpL Ultrax) #1288

I dont remember. But I had tons of kills and was MvP

(III EnVii III) #1289

@DAVID_THE_CLOWN

Pretty much what I say to everyone who wants to rank up :joy:

Because:

:+1:

(XpL Ultrax) #1295

I am really satisfied with the ranking system lately. Almost every win gives me 10%. I am really close on reaching Diamond 3. Only 10 more %.

But I will get stuck on diamond 4 again like always i am just no real diamond 5 player.

(III EnVii III) #1296

You did it before and I know you can do it again :muscle:

(TC Octus) #1297

There’s only 100-200 people per playlist that will get to Diamond 5. Overall, last season had just under 1000 people at Diamond 5 across ALL playlists.

In other words, 60-80 percent D4 is likely top 500.

(SM0KIN D4BS) #1298

I say just make everything visible or literally only count what is done in each game and screw the predicted system cuz having it set the way it is now is only infuriating players when we feel we kicked some ■■■■ then go nowhere or do solid in 10+ games but have one loss and it undoes all the good u just did even tho it didn’t count for u anyway …hell I’ve even gotten mvp and won 3-0 in a guardian at a 6-0 k/d and still went down 1% last season…so IDC what anyone says something just isn’t right about the rank system

(TC Octus) #1299

Just dropping in to say we’re working on a new write up on the Ranking System that should help clarify some common questions and misconceptions. We’re trying to help those who want to understand the system in depth do so a little better than our current Ranked Hub write up. Look for it coming soon.

(TC Octus) #1300

We are never going to do a predictionless system. We are looking to measure Skill as accurately as possible - and our data shows that we are absolutely doing that - despite the opaque user experience faults of the system that we are very aware of. If you want to get higher up the Ranks, you just have to become a better player.

I worked extremely hard to personally progress from Onyx 3 to Diamond quality, including watching a bunch of tips videos and Esports to get a feel for where I was weakest as a player. I didn’t just keep winning, I had to step it up - and then I progressed into Diamond for the first time in Comp game modes.