[Main] Glowie Lambents Confirmed!

(III EnVii III) #487

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have voiced the same opinions agaisnt the TC, just like everyone has.

Also, what ranking post?

(Gears Kaios) #488

The poor excuse for the ranking system where i had about 10 wins legit fighting diamonds and onyx’s in a row and after 1 lose i get deranked and make 0 progress.

(GrubKiller101) #489

At this point I wonder how many who would have bought the skin, are now considering not to, because of the mini revolt here (you want to appear a douch?)

TC ‘take it or leave it’ - the skin or the game TC, because with the wait time I get I think plenty are leaving the game and your skin. I can go on GOW3 KOTH and get a match quicker than GOW4 outside the 4XP event.

(lukebazz91) #490

I am the moral high ground, looking down at you with disgust.

“It makes it more exclusive” sure locking important story related characters behind an absurd paywall that most people will want but wont buy out of principle is a great way of creating exclusives. giving stuff for achieving goals or playing previous games, even having the comics is a far better way to create exclusives than selling things for a disgusting price.

(OneButtNugget) #491

okay, nobody cares.

(Bleeding Pepper) #492

I can’t speak for everyone else, but I have no intention of buying them. It’s not that I can’t afford them, but I consider them to be overpriced and I feel that TC are treating as like mugs. Their general attitude sucks and I think theyve been piggybacking off of our good will and fandom for too long now. This is the straw that broke the camel’s back. It’s sad because I love Gears and while Gears 4 is flawed, there have been lots of positives and generally speaking I’ve had a good time on it.

(GrubKiller101) #493

Yeah that’s what everyone is saying…but now someone using these will be seen “to be a mug” etc so for only that reason won’t buy them.

BTW now your camel’s back is done what you doing about it? I’m still playing because generally like the game but with the probs GOW5 is off the table as is any generosity towards TC.

(Horde Legend) #494

I agree. I have 580k worth of credits and I also have the money to buy them but this late in the life of the game, there is no point IMO. I’ll be playing a little when the new achievements come out (pending on which ones) then I am finished with it altogether come October. I would have spent my credits on these packs for sure even though I wouldn’t play much but oh well

(GrubKiller101) #495

Sorry…to finish (had to go) anyone using these skins may be targeted in game.

(NUBinbound) #496

i think you’re confusing his tag with someone else lol

(NUBinbound) #497

ok so with each post you make you’re sounding like you know less and less there is no “moral high ground” about someone who wants to spend their money just because other people have the disposable income to be able to do what me and others can doesnt somehow make them modern day hitler it’s MONEY what do you do with money? oh yeah you spend it and i guarantee there will be plenty of people who buy the skin(s) because thats what people do there’s no minority/majority execution that is going to happen for people spending THEIR MONEY on what THEY want

dont be a bigot

(NUBinbound) #498

not even going to bother commenting on why this wont happen by anyone other than you and a small group of friends

“that guy is using a certain skin i’d better kill him even if it means losing the match” that’s a BONUS to the guy wearing the skin in that case it means he can win easier

(Bleeding Pepper) #499

I installed Witcher 3 last night and have started playing that. I’ve got a pile of other games I haven’t started on yet so there’s plenty to keep me busy gaming-wise.

I’ll keep an eye on this to see what happens.

The worrying thing is, this could be a prelude to worse things in Gears 5. I suspect it’s TC’ s way of testing to waters to see how far they can push selling character skins for real money, and that they hope to reduce the role of in-game credits.

Gears 4 has a massive roster of characters. If Gears 5 has the equivalent or a larger roster then it’s a huge potential money cow. I think what TC are doing now is, working out pricing and value - how much should X cost, and/or how many skins should we include for Y dollars?

The big fear is, if say 25% of post-launch skins for Gears 5 are only available for real money, and they cost $9.99 each that’s a massive amount for each individual gamer. I don’t know off the top of my head how many character skins there are - probably around 250 or more (and I personally have every character except for the exclusives like Blood Moon Imago, and the Black Steel ones where I have about half of them). Imagine the amount some fans will be paying on top of the base game, season pass, and other DLC we may get.

(NUBinbound) #500

i think people are getting too angry at this if you dont like say “i dont like this” dont go around bashing everyone who does pay i dont think the characters are too expensive i just think it’s the shock factor of all of them being on sale AT THE SAME TIME so if you want all of the skins it’s around 45$ us whereas if they released ONE lambent for 10$ there wouldnt be nearly as big of an uproar

(JASEFAT) #501

What a rip off. You could tell during the stream yesterday that they KNEW the decision was crap. And man, TC deflected every question about it, too. “I don’t feel comfortable answering.” WTF.

(crazychainsaws8) #502

:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

August 31st at 10am PST – September 7th at 10am PST

• Lambent Drone Character: $12.99 USD
  • Lambent Grenadier Elite Character: $9.99 USD
  • Lambent Weapon Skin Set: $4.99 USD

September 1st at 10am PST for 24 HOURS ONLY

• Lambent Grenadier Character: $9.99 USD
  • Animated Imulsion Weapon Skin Set: $7.99 USD

Hey TC you remember people who bought YOUR season pass for 45$? Do you remember that people pay 60$ a year for xbox live? Do you rember that some people pay 10$ a month for game pass? Do you remember people have to pay for something more important than these characters like their family or there own lives. Keep on doing things like this and people are just going to leave and who going to pay foryour family now?

(Junglist Shoota) #503

I found the same in horde feral event. Matched with the same players a few times before partying up.

(buscobuzzy) #504

Well said, you definitely could tell they knew they messed up. I guarantee with their egos they thought this is the best decision we’ve made for this game since the duplicate maps. I love how they think 2xp and 4xp makes up or uses this to distract the principles and performance of the game.

(III EnVii III) #505

And I’m in the same position too.

I hardly ever go up and also “stuck” in my rank.

However - whenever you lose - whatever rank you are, you will lose %.

(Duffman GB) #506

The real shame is WE COULD make our voices heard of we didn’t purchase any at the current price.
I know it will not happen but if no one bought them TC would most likely drop the price.
I still think they should have a credit option BUT at least if they were reasonably priced, which I feel is about £5 a character and at the very least the starting weapon skins , then it would not taste so bad, still not good though.

I also think we should get unique VO work, for our money. I’m not suggesting hundreds of new lines but at the very least 10 ?I have been pitching that with the BS variants since release.