Mace - the magic stick indeed

Long story short-

Did a run on Ice Queen last night with friends. They died at the end and I had to finish by myself.
I was lvl 16 Marksman.
Now, watch the clip and see when I pick up the Mace how it saves me from being killed.
Watch the bar on the mace reduce as I run through venom and Juvies.

@SNAKEYWAKEY389 my question is does the Mace increase your health or damage resistance?
@CommanderCH2863 mentioned that Marksman has 0% damage resistance to start with.
Just curious.

2 Likes

How to test:

Custom Escape Map… oh wait…

Pick a hive with a Mace
Have a player shoot you with a weapon without you holding the Mace
Have a player shoot you with a weapon while you’re holding the Mace
Compare values
Rince and repeat with some dmg. res. cards on

If anybody is curious

My response: I do not know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The mace gives you a defense boost thus why it durability goes down when you take damage it even works in vs which is why you can survive a point blank shotgun blast to the face/body

2 Likes

@TurnerBurner922 did some testing awhile back. He had a mace and stood in the saferoom in venom with and without a mace. When he had a mace I think he said he survived 20% longer in the venom than without it.

I’m sure snakey has some exact numbers though.

1 Like

It’s 20% damage resistance.

The pipe is the same way, but it’s damage sucks.

Unless it’s defensor’s, right koty?

1 Like

Defensor is gonna end up behind bars if he keeps offering weird things to people.

2 Likes

Lol @Great_Defensor what did you do? :joy:

He’ll pick a pipe up off the ground while we’re in a Horde Roullette game and chase me around asking if I “want his pipe”. He knows what he’s doing lol

2 Likes

:joy: sharing HIS magic stick… I see :joy:

3 Likes

There’s a clip of it somewhere on here. It may also be in the Discord server if you’re willing to scroll up a bit.

2 Likes

It halves the damage you would have taken without it.

3 Likes

So it reduces the damage but doesn’t buff or add…

I was always under the impression that just having it stored on your character gave you that damage resistance, but you actively need to equip it. Now I feel like an idiot not using it more often as Blademaster or Protector. Low key also handy for tackle Brawler too if you need to make a quick retreat.

It doesn’t add per se, it just halves the damage you would have taken without it.
So if you got no damage reduction, holding it will make you have 50% damage reduction.
If you have 32% damage reduction, holding it will make you have 66% damage reduction.

1 Like

Got it - I didn’t phrase it right. I meant the mace doesn’t give you any buffs, it just reduces the damage you take by 50%.
I heard from several people who claimed that mace gives you damage resistance and more health but that not the case. It just absorbs half the damage you take.

I’m not sure how the damage it takes is calculated. But one thing I do know is that the damage enemies do to themselves from Reflect Shell is ~6.66 times the damage they actually do to you (to make it easier, just divide it by 0.15.)

Speaking of that, I found out my estimate of doing 0.15 the damage of the reflect shell was spot on correct since I found patch notes that show the Elite Drone Claw was nerfed down to 35 damage per bullet (from 40 and this is Beginner) and since the damage they do on Master with normal modifiers is 6.75x the amount of their Beginner damage, I found out that the 1575 damage they do to themselves is equivalent to 236.25 damage per bullet (so a 5 shot down) and when converted to Beginner damage, is exactly 35.

Finding that out was amazing since it showed that they used that exact way to calculate Reflect Shell damage for Gunner.

Might have gotten carried away there but that information can be used to possibly tell how much durability the Stick loses after taking some hits (Hunter Markzas would be good for this.)

2 Likes

I like that feeling when your math checks out.

That’s actually good to know. Thanks :blush:

The funny thing is the 0.15 was an estimate based off of assumed damage they did to you (using the health bar) and it made sense since Hunters do over half health, but if you have Long Range Resistance, you can eat one more shot.

1 Like

All i’ve done was just offer @RelaxingKoty a pipe I found on the ground.

2 Likes

That was the 2nd or 3rd time you said asked me though. Like I said Nothing wrong if you roll that way but people get in trouble when they try to force their pipe onto people.

3 Likes