Losing GP without the match even starting

So, yesterday I noticed that sometimes when a player disconnected from the lobby before the match started, I’d lose the buy-in GP cost of the match, even though the match never actually started.
This happened both in cases when the lobby dissolved during vote and when the match was about to start but one player failed to connect.

Just wanted to inform TC about this. Maybe the buy-in should happen the moment the match begins to avoid this and not before.

It def buggy. I noticed I was demoted a whole tier after losing and when I jumped back into the game I was back about 500 GP higher than when I was last on.

I’ve seen lobby’s dissolve like that…maybe the win and GP reward got added and the game decides a winner. And in your case the lobby dissolved and decided you lost. Who knows.

I don’t think it’s that, because I always lost the buy-in GP when it happened. I guess the ranking system is supposed to return the buy-in GP if the match doesn’t start, but a few times when the lobby had dissolved I had lost 150 GP without even getting to play the match due to a player disconnecting.