Looking for tips on Hivebusters Insane mode

I just started the new campaign tonight and I’m getting straight annihilated during the first encounter while waiting for the pilot to extract you. I feel like I’ve tried everything. I either get overrun, the boom scion headshots me, or shotguns snipe me. Like what the hell am I supposed to do here? I beat all the Gears campaigns on Insane, but if this is how it is I may just have to pass.

Welcome! Best is to try and do it with someone else. Two others would be better.
Also you can cheese it if you want and use a second controller and set that account to beginner.

The Act 1 part on Insane? Make sure you’re Mac for the insane playthrough, Spam Keegan and definitely Lahni Ultimate to benefit with more ammo and Lahni AI is really strong.

Make sure you activate the Tri-shot Dr 1 and have a Longshot and Grenade Launcher Lancer. Most important, take cover and grab the Heavy weapons when things get tricky.

In all honesty, I didn’t have any difficulty with this. Act 3 was the hardest for me followed by final boss.

1 Like

I don’t know what part of the game you are in
more if you are at the beginning of that huge swarm
advance with a trishot where the grenadiers will stay there until the heir appears and kills

Play as Mac and abuse his shield as much as possible. Also, activate Lahni’s Ult. She will run out a wreck the ones behind cover. Don’t worry about her going down. She either won’t or will craw to safety and stand back up.

1 Like

Good tip. Looks like I’ll be Mac on my play through.

Oh using Mac is something I didn’t even think of. I guess I haven’t really been spamming their abilities which makes sense as to why I’m dying so quickly. :sweat_smile: I feel like I’m the only one killing the enemies! Thanks for the tips I’ll try this out for sure!

Update: using Mac helps a lot!

1 Like

Oh the beach…

There is more fun ahead.

🥲

The beach is easy playing solo.

Grab the lancer GL and go back to where you spawned on that beach, it’s on higher ground and take down any enemies while using Ults.