Long time, now disappointed

Please excuse my rant. Like many of you, I’ve been rocking Gears since that Mad World commercial dropped. My then girlfriend, now wife, saw it and we’ve been hooked ever since. We’re an XBOX exclusive family because of this series.

I usually don’t complain about the operations or even micro transactions because I love the gameplay and free content is free… but the bugs, the lack of progression and server issues have been killing me. I’ve submitted a ticket. I’ve waited and still play because I love the series. When you move everything online, you make a implicit contract to get it right. What’s been happening, particularly the last few months is unacceptable and extremely disappointing.

6 Likes

The recent server issues, purchase/store issues, and now the xp issues are insane. I love this game a lot, but it’s kinda weird that they don’t at least talk about it.

6 Likes

This is what gets me the most. No communication what so ever, It’s always just “submit a ticket” over and over and over. Would it kill anyone to drop a “Hey! we’re aware of the current issues and we’re looking into it.”

If there is something like this then my apology but I haven’t seen/been linked anything yet

6 Likes

tc_sera said they’re investigating a week ago
only once.
now i am really doubt about it
do they really actually care about it?
nothing is promised

3 Likes

The lack of communication is definitely what makes most things frustrating. It reminds me kinda of like a kid who doesn’t alert people there’s a fire because they are too embarrassed they were the one who started it.

3 Likes

I agree. It’s kind of dumb how this game has been out for a year, and the glitches still aren’t fixed. TC needs to do something about this, or else something big is gonna hit,

2 Likes

Welcome to Gears 5 where the upside was OP 5 and nose dive was OP 6 lol

In all seriousness I get it and I am fairly sure nearly everyone on the forums gets it or feels the same way. Its a complete disaster and with no communication on what is going on its very likely the player base will drop a few numbers.

1 Like

Thanks for being respectful and patient, I’m really tired of seeing all the threads complaining how Gears is terrible/dead.

I remember growing up with my brother playing Gears 1 and always playing horde is Gears 2, I care a lot about the game that I’m willing to deal with some issues to a certain extent (although I haven’t faced one problem that I’ve seen many others bring up).

1 Like