Gears Forums

Locust "Diciple?"

Anyone know anything else about these guys? Gears Twitter just linked to a new Storm figure that’ll feature the Diciple from Tactics apparently. Didn’t know we were getting new Locust. Honestly excited because this guy looks cooler than every other Swarm we’ve ever gotten. Makes me wonder if we’ll get him as a Drone skin in Gears 5.

¡Busta Adios!

2 Likes

Never heard of the disciple before. With all the red, maybe some sort of precursor to therons?
Although the religious aspect to the name would lean towards something to do with the kantus, maybe?

He looks pretty cool though, 1000% better than the bacon men swarm.

1 Like

From the Website

Disciple – Locust Drone

Featured in the upcoming Gears Tactics , available worldwide on April 28, The Disciple is a ferocious Locust Drone unleashed upon the Coalition of Ordered Governments. During the early days of the Locust War, Ukkon, the lead scientist of the Locust Horde harnessed the power of Imulsion to build his army. Resulting experiments with the Locust Drones led to the creation of the deadly Disciple.

Each Disciple wears an injection harness that delivers a continual flow of Imulsion into their bodies, amplifying the power of their attacks and granting them increased resilience and strength. These enhanced Drones form the fierce and unrelenting front-line of Ukkon’s army.

The Disciple figure comes with the Locust Drone Head Sculpt, a sniper goggle, cyclops helmet, Boomshot, Longshot Sniper Rifle, Boltok Pistol and three pairs of swappable hands. The figure will be available for a suggested retail price of $65 USD and will be available in July.

So based off of that it’s safe to say (SPOILERS POSSIBLY)

Ukkon will be defeated at the end or these Drones backfire considering they dont appear in any games (neither does Ukkon so really the ending of this game shouldn’t be too hard t to imagine lol)

1 Like

Well i was off base then.
Still doesn’t sound too bright, injecting your toops with the enemy.

1 Like

Sounds like Bane, from Batman lore.

1 Like

Well it’s possible while Adam was trying to engineer Lambency to destroy it, the Locust tried to control it. As is their nature.

Interesting. I wonder if they’re kinda like the Rager, where, tactically, they were so terrible
they just kinda went extinct lol.
Like maybe the harnesses that the Disciples are highly volatile & explosive. Then after a while of them being blown up all the time, Ukkon is like “Aight, maybe these weren’t that good of an idea” & ceases production, so to speak. Either that or Ukkon’s death is what stops any more from being made & encountered during the events of Gears 1, I mean IF he dies. Which, I assume he does, considering he’s not in any other games lmao.

Speaking of that, I wonder if the Ragers were Ukkon-experimented Drones as well. I’d be okay with that being their backstory, considering how un-Locust they looked when they “raged” lol.

4 Likes