Level 20 character unlock reward

exactly…

This would require a little bit of an attitude change on the side of TC, some GUI re-work, but they already have experience with these custom modifiers from Escape, so this probably wouldn’t be too much work… Not OP5, for sure, but maybe OP6? That would/could turn Horde on its head, I think, in a very positive way… @TC_Sera @TC_MichaelAOS

There is no fun fighing bullet sponge enemies with aim bots… These challenges, they would be fun

You should try running a level 18 fahz on beginner frenzy :slight_smile: with explosive headshots. There’s lots of fun to be had on lower difficulty with cards geared towards max carnage rather than having to worry about defensive boosts and fortifications etc.

I do that for my dailies that require headshots :laughing:

In fact, I am really only playing this game for the dailies nowadays…

3 Likes

I’m not even playing it for those anymore. But if you want to do the overrun speedrun then we can talk @Omen_LP into it too.

I came by to see if anyone was talking about this and I guess this would be the most relevant thread. Anyone else notice that the lvl 18+ is gone and it doesn’t show the gained XP anymore? Either it’s just bugged or they messed up and meant to save that for OP 5 so they took it back :joy: I was able to get this screenshot but now I cant even get the XP gauge to even appear at the end of a match. In customization it’s just lvl 18 and doesn’t go past it.
20201020_151017

2 Likes

My how you’ve grown.

I remember how speed runs use to be something you found boring.

Congrats on leveling up lol.

That said, we don’t need extra skill slots. Just like we don’t need level 6 skills. Just something to work towards only to find most things nerfed back to level 5.

And they are given Lancers.

Because the game is a snoozefest that’s why, to put this into perspective I have a good number of friends that over time have moved away from Horde into Escape, the reason they tell me is that Escape is far more challenging/more rewarding than Horde is, like if I play Horde I’m pretty limited in terms of who I can play as without it being too easy lol.

Are you familiar with the term novelty? something that’s fun and exciting for a little while quickly loses its luster.

players should be rewarded for this though, would take very little time to add a modifier that limits it to 3 cards or something :roll_eyes:

lets be real here though Horde with 3 cards is still easy, as most characters/classes don’t have 5 amazing cards to put on in the first place.

this dude would’ve been crying in GOW2 Horde :joy:

Depends what… I hate sentry based speed runs, those bore the crap out of me…

But I never had a problem with a speed run which actually had people doing stuff… No, not “you stand over there, you stand over there, you, well, you have to start standing over there, as soon as the enemies spawn, you run to stand over there” type crap…

Speed runs which require people to DO things (like overload here, or the security salvo speed run back in GoW4), sure, they are fun…

“need”? We don’t need much beyond food and shelter… it’s not about what we need. It’s about what we’d like, what would make it fun for us…

Yeah… I’m not 100% there yet, but close to it…

don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve played every horde variant there was, including beast mode…

re need:

No matter what someone suggests, some people will love it, some will hate it, and most will be in the middle. Standard normal distribution, right? The “bell curve” to the layman…
So the fact that SOMEONE thinks is a bad idea or someone thinks it’s a good idea are irrelevant. It’s about what MOST people think/want…

A 6th card slot might be OP but I’d be fine with a passive bonus of some kind. Wouldn’t have to be huge. +10% or 20% damage, 10% damage resistance, 25% critical damage, that kind of thing. Something in keeping with the class and character. Or something that synergizes with their existing passive.

Overload is one of the easiest speed runs I’ve seen.

Many speed runs in Gears 4 and early in 5 were all but easy. Fast doesn’t always mean easy.

Only War Machine and Blood Drive were over done. The majority of speed runs weren’t even widely know because they required skill to set up.

It doesn’t take anyone other than marcus and fahz to do anything after wave 5. It’s the complete opposite to what he stated he liked in a speed run where you get to play. Kill the enemy for 4 rounds then from then on Marcus fires his ULT and it’s game over for anyone else. JD get’s a small time to shine on bosses but not essential.

I see people pushing set ups into the spawn area in the vain hope of trying to get kills before Fahz blast them all away. I find Marcus the most boring to play, I leave a lobby that will require me to play him. OP5 nerf cannot come soon enough because I’m sick of people trying to use him badly on other maps like he’s essential.

4 Likes

I’m not a fan of nerfs, but you are right.

Donno what you’re talking about… I gets enough action as lizzy, as clayton, as kait, in those games…

That’s because you’re not playing with a good Fahz :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You shouldn’t even be seeing anyone as Clay or lizzie before Fahz has cleaned shop!

Extra card slot would be hella awesome but they probably shaft us with another bloodspray or a dumb banner

2 Likes

Give Baird a headshot card and he’s legit a top tier escape character.

He’s just below being top 5

One of the two level rewards is going to be ‘Legendary Score Boost’. Just watch…

5 Likes

Cole, Lahni, Mac, Kait, Fahz, Keegan/JD, etc. and you think he’s just below top 5? Baird hasn’t been relevant in Escape since OP2.