Builds
Cards
Strats
Play styles
Must-Dos and Don’ts
Weapons to use
Tips on particular maps etc

1 Like

Kinda depends on whether you’re going 1-50 or Frenzy, IMO.

Frenzy your ult helps immensely when your base breaks down. 1-50 you often find yourself lacking compared to everyone else by wave 25.

I think the best route (unless you’re confident with a CQC build stunning and executing, which I wouldn’t recommend for Master Horde) is going all-in on Markza sniping cards with headshot fear, stim from fear kills, and teaming up with a class that gives you stim, like a Combat Medic, Anchor or possibly Veteran. Bleeding on every Markza hit and multiplying damage for headshots, IMO, makes you a pretty good long range threat with the added bonus of your ult in case things get hairy.

4 Likes

So many options with this class. Execution build, sniper, hybrid, probably more.

The markza really is strong with consecutive shot, can put good damage into certain bosses quite easily.

Problem is having to stay exposed to land multiple shots, whereas marksman can do stop and pop shots, plus hide behind walls with x ray.

Fear can be equally helpful and detrimental. Scaring off a warden that is about to die, only for him to regeneration sucks. Sometimes it does create much need space though.

Overall I think Nomad is pretty solid. I’d maybe put him in B tier for horde.

2 Likes

How long does it take for the Fear ultimate to recharge without the Menace card?

I’ve always used the Menace card when using an execution build but I’m thinking of using an Execution-Shotgun build just to give it a whirl (Execution Shield, Faze, Nomad Armor, Armored Shot, Gnasher Proficiency). My only concern is whether of not Armored Shot is worth using as from my experience, on later waves your stim isn’t that effective and disappears super quickly.

I’m wondering if without the Menace card, whether the damage from shotgunning targets in Fear would be sufficient to get it back at least once per wave. Nomad has ammo capacity as a perk, so can eventually carry 4 grenades, so flashbangs will be plentiful.

2 Likes

That’s why I mentioned teaming up with a class that gives you stim. The stim you get naturally is super hard to maintain, but when you get it for free from some Anchor or Combat Medic, you’re immediately more viable.

1 Like

An Anchor would be ideal as there’s no limit to the range when they use their Barrier. The COG Gear has a limited range though right (unless they recently changed Helpful Headshots)?

2 Likes

Viable - yes, I’d say. Just don’t expect randoms to perform greatly with it.

Builds that I’ve personally used - probably the main three available to the class.

Executions : Faze, Execution Shield, Menace, two optional but I would suggest Concussive Rounds as the fourth and strongly recommend it, especially to set up Elites for easier kills, Gnasher Mastery may be good for Scions and other heavy type enemies. Have not had interest in using this build for Horde but either @Siul_S249 or @SMARTAN_427 have been mentioning this one every now and then so they probably have better ideas of dos and don’ts for this one.

Full ranged : Markza Mastery, Consecutive Shot, Intimidation, two optional. I personally opt for Lifeline and Acceleration but others may prefer Armored Shot for the second optional slot. I do not like it due to the extreme fragility of the Stim to maintain a damage bonus that you really don’t need and still won’t turn the class into a great boss killer, other than Kestrel or Snatcher where the weakspot is easily hittable and always exposed. Can put some work into Swarmak blisters too.

Hybrid : Faze, Execution Shield, Consecutive Shot, Intimidation and last slot may be optional, but I go with either Markza Mastery for extra damage with a starting weapon there, or Lifeline to provide Stim if I’m shooting things instead of the damage card. Rarely use this build outside of maps such as Abyss.

Weapons depends on build. With executions I’d have either a Retro or chainsaw Lancer, may just be down to personal preference which one you use, Gnasher is probably a good as secondary.

Ranged, I tend to go with Longshot and Markza, Longshot primarily for heavy enemies.

Hybrid, usually either chainsaw or Retro Lancer, and Markza, unless you do not use Markza Mastery, although I’d still recommend sticking with it. Otherwise, I think you can’t go wrong with a Longshot as it also benefits from Consecutive Shot and will spread Fear while providing decent means of damage to Heavy enemies.

As far as advice on strategies goes, I mainly use the ranged Nomad these days and you shouldn’t be afraid to use your ult on Heavy enemies often and go for Longshot headshots. It works quite effectively on them and is less dodgy than Markza aiming if they start running while not in barriers. Also helpful to chase off a pesky Guardian or Sentinel for a few seconds. If you use Armored Shot you can shoot them in the back for some damage as well. Mark and ignore otherwise unless shield is down and you can hit them from the front. Waste of ammo trying to break through it with a Markza or Longshot.

3 Likes

@SMARTAN_427 can definitely tell you

2 Likes

Execution only

Just using Lancer / Retro to execute enemies and Ultimate Fear.

• Execution Shield
  • Faze
  • Menace
  • Terror
  • Optional - Lifeline / Concussive Rounds / Fearsome Aura / Nomad Armour

Execution + Bleed

Same as above but since you get Stim so often, you can do more damage against Scions, DR-1, flyers and bosses with bleed since they can’t be executed.

• Armoured Shot
  • Execution Shield
  • Faze
  • Menance
  • Terror

Ranged

Big headshot damage. If you’re not going to use Markza but Longshot, then you won’t need Markza Mastery.

• Intimidation
  • Consecutive Shot
  • Markza Mastery
  • Acceleration
  • Optional - Lifeline / Rain Down / Nomad Armour / Terror

Ranged + Bleed

When you don’t have Stim, you’d be doing big headshot damage but when you use Ultimate Fear, or spread Fear through headshot and got another headshot, you’d get Stim from Lifeline so Armoured Shot bleed triggers. It’s either bleed or big headshot damage.

• Armoured Shot
  • Intimidation
  • Consecutive Shot
  • Lifeline
  • Markza Mastery

Hybrid

Mixture of big headshot damage and Lancer executing, so you can handle almost anything and flusher enemies close quarter.

• Intimidation
  • Consecutive Shot
  • Execution Shield
  • Faze
  • Markza Mastery

Hybrid + Bleed

The close quarter executing would give easy Stim, which in turn increases ranged damage from bleeding.

• Armoured Shot
  • Intimidation
  • Execution Shield
  • Faze
  • Markza Mastery

Normally, if I’m using both Lancer and Markza / Longshot, then I’d mostly kill enemies from range while Lancer is a backup for those that got close quarter.

You can easily get Lancer from Cyclops during the wave, so if team mate didn’t trade you one, you won’t need to buy one, you’d get Lancer quickly anyway. Retro also works, but Lancer chainsaw is better.

When I play ranged and we have Engineer, I would buy myself an Incendiary Grenade, deposit all power into Fabricator so they build Locker, place Markza on Locker before end of wave and suicide. Then you would have two Markzas. From there, Wave 2, I would normally spend Critical Damage and Precision Rifle Damage evenly. I wouldn’t need Magazine Capacity perk because we have a Locker. But when you don’t have Engineer or Locker, you might want to spend Magazine Capacity. You can easily save ammo if doing “Hybrid” Lancer + Markza. Level 10 Critical Damage and Precision Weapon Damage finish around Wave 10, then remaining two waves of Frenzy could be spent on Magazine Capacity or whatever you want. Level 5 Capacity is also 3 Grenades.

When I play ranged only, I’d go with both Markza + Longshot. Longshot can easily be picked off Locust Sniper that spawns during the wave.

4 Likes

Yeah CM has limited range. Anchor would be ideal but CM or Veteran are still better than nothing. (It’s been awhile since I looked at Vet cards but doesn’t anyone in your super get stim? So that stim plus automatic headshots would be killer.)

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I’m looking forward to trying this class in Frenzy.
I usually main Vet or BM. Nomad sounds like fun.

2 Likes

@Ektope

Thanks so much for such detailed response.

Most times I play alone and cannot rely on other players sharing their Ult with me (vet) or having Anchor or CM.

I will definitely try the builds you listed. Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

I kinda main Anchor now if you ever wanna give the stim build a try. Invite me.

2 Likes

200s. 2nd fastest of all classes.

5 Likes

I’m curious how we could structure this according to lowest potential recharge time with cards. Because Demo can get multiple ults a wave, while Slugger kinda just gets the one.

This is just a base time.

The damage you inflict on enemies help recharge the Ult faster.

I’m not sure it’s possible to structure the time lines depending on the cards. Given that the game is very inconsistent.

1 Like

I was happy as a young Nomad, having grabbed the Retro from my Infiltrator buddy and gleefully executing everything I could in sight, causing chaos and anarchy in the enemy lines with the execution based fear.

However, now that I’ve acquired the Armored Shot card and can potentially be a Bleed source for my team, I’m miserable. It is a CHORE to get Stim as a Nomad, and keep it, and provide measurable Bleed damage, only to have it stripped nearly immediately, thus perpetuating a cycle of risky executions, dashing to cover and attempting to do damage.

I’m happy though when one of my regular squadmates want to play Nomad. I’ll load up my Combat Medic (just hit 20 last night with her, my first Heroic Venom skin!!) with Helpful Headshots, or my Anchor with Harness Energy to provide group Stim, to keep the Nomad’s bleed going.

I hate to be a downer about something I love, but I’m having trouble really enjoying Nomad, and Marksman too, honestly, as a controller player. (I just never have felt comfortable sniping, no matter to sensitivities)

1 Like

That’s what I’m afraid of. I don’t really want to be too dependent on bleed and Stim.
Stim is gone within a nanosecond esp at later waves…

Thanks for you feedback!

If you’re much more comfortable with plinking from cover, and being more patient than me, you can do the stim/bleed build. I’ll keep grinding to get the last cards and then reappraise the class.

Even amongst my friends, we enjoy bleeds even at Advanced and Elite while we’re developing classes, so when we compare Nomad to Anchor, arguably the king of Bleed, as far as not needing a special weapon or explosive damage, and getting Ammo Regen Perk, the Nomad seems frustrating.

It’s just my hang up. I know I can forgo the execution->stim build and just be a tougher Marksman with the Nomad, but I have trouble sitting back and taking the bigger picture.

Edit: Also, those amongst my friend that have worked up Nomad treat the Ultimate as a double-edged sword. It’s one of those that aren’t that tactically useful, especially if the Aggressive Enemies mutator is on, since they will sprint away and make it tough to land headshots during it. The Fear Ultimate is instead Strategically useful, as a Panic Button, and we’ve fallen into using it only to get out of trouble. (as opposed to CM’s Team Repair card where I look forward to using it to save the Mechanic repair energy)

1 Like

Thats similar to how i operate, they really need to improve the arnored shot card since you lose stim almost instantly, if you dont have a stimming team member it only really works when you are really far away as a sniper so i mostly dont use it now, in some maps i can just keep fear enemies so they dont leave their spawn area, i do put a barrier there to help give me time to kill them

A really fun class is the execution build with recharge, i use both the chain and retro lancers and i almost never shoot with this class, it works well on master frenzy and especially with certain modifiers such as poison as i feel the enemy will move away from barriers and gives the team time to kill them so there poison doesnt hit our base otherwise i just keep popping fears and my team stays safe this way

2 Likes