Legacy Gears Stats page not tracking

website-feedback

(AlphaKnight04) #1

@TC_Vectes @TC_Octus Making a new topic just because the old one is locked otherwise I’d throw it in there. I know the latest What’s Up mentioned TC fixed the Stats page for the new Season 5. That’s not my problem.

I went back to the original Gears 1 and was grinding out Seriously with some friends (please hold the hate mail here, don’t wanna hear it) and my kills are no longer tracking. Yes, we are using the ranked matches and doing it correctly. But for some reason the kills haven’t been tracking since last week. I’m guessing this issue may be tied to whatever update TC did last week and may also extend to stat tracking in the other older games. Can someone at TC please look into this? Thanks.

(CommanderCody77) #2

I noticed the same thing with the stats page not updating. However, I did have one of my weapon kill achievements pop since noticing the stats page has stopped updating. Hopefully that means that the kills are still counting towards Seriously…

Additionally, when I checked tonight, I noticed that my stats for both Gears 1 & Gears 2 do not display at all. Instead, I get an error message stating “An error occurred when trying to retrieve your stats. Please try again later.” My stats for Gears 3 appear to load, but shows all zeroes; when I click the View More Stats button, I get an error message stating “Error Loading Stats Please try again later”. My stats for Judgement appear to load just fine, but also cannot see the more stats page for it.

(AlphaKnight04) #3

It looks like the Legacy Gears Stats page was fixed for a while, but the update last week seems to have caused it to stop tracking once again. Can someone at TC please take another look at this? Thanks! @TC_Vectes @TC_Octus

(CommanderCody77) #4

The stats page still appears to be messed up. I took a screenshot, but the page does not seem to want to upload it.

I am curious how achievements are tracked in the original Gears. I realize Gears 1 was made by Epic and not The Coalition, so decided to do some testing. I had been keeping track of my weapon kill progress, and should have been around 55 kills with both Frag Tags and Curb Stomps. I checked my stats tonight before starting, it showed 58 kills for each, so I should only need 42 kills more to unlock each of those.

First match, I got 23 kills with Frag Tags, plus 23 Curb Stomps for a total of 46 kills. That should have brought both kill counts to 81, and only needing 19 more. Second match of the night, I got 20 Curb Stomps and 0 Frag Tags. Upon completing the second match, Curb Appeal unlocked as it should have. After exiting the game, returning to Dashboard, and then shutting down the console, I checked the stats page. It had not updated my kill count, but did show I had unlocked Curb Appeal. I then turned off my computer. At this point, I am fairly certain that (at a minimum) kills on the stats page plus kills while logged in for a single session will add together to see if you meet the requirements for the Ranked achievements.

I waited over an hour, then started my computer, logged back into the stats page, and it still shows only 58 Curb Stomps and 58 Frag Tags on the counter. Tomorrow I will get 20 Frag Tags and see if I unlock Is It A Spider. If it unlocks as should be expected, then the kills are still counting even though the stats page appears to be broken. If not, then it may be that only kills from the current session are being added to the kills posted on the stats page to see if you meet the requirements. If the latter is the case, it may be impossible for folks to get Seriously until the stats page starts updating again.

I won’t know until I do more testing tomorrow evening.

(AlphaKnight04) #5

@TC_Vectes @TC_Octus The Legacy Stats page still isn’t tracking. Cody and I were doing the testing yesterday, and I’ve been keeping track of my kill grinding and I should be at ~10400 kills and the Legacy Stats page is still showing only 8600 kills (where I was weeks ago). So far based on our testing this is showing that it will be almost impossible for anyone to earn the Seriously achievements anymore until this is fixed (the individual weapons ones you probably can earn in a single day). Can someone please look into this and try and fix it? Thanks.

(CommanderCody77) #6

Alpha’s correct. I got 20 more Frag Tag kills today, achievement did not pop. From what I can tell, it looks like kills from multiple matches add together, only if they are done in the same session (don’t know if you have to stay in-game, or just keep console on). But kills from different days after shutting down the console resets your progress back to what the stat’s page has, which is not updating.

(MCSS Aerocoupe) #7

@TC_Vectes & @TC_Octus Any updates?

I’m helping Alpha as well. We just put in 10 hours of grinding and he was was 2 matches from having enough kills to unlock Seriously when his console lost Live connection. He rejoined and did 3 matches. Did not unlock. He checked the Stats page and it has not changed. I checked the in-game leaderboad and everyone in the games today are showing up with no progress, everyone has “- -“ points for weekly and monthly Warzone.