Gears Forums

Latest gnasher update is live (Main thread)

Looks like the new gears update is live : https://twitter.com/gearsofwar?lang=en

Blog on the changes here : https://www.gears5.com/mechanics-update-gnasher/

The changes seem to amount to :

• The gib distance was brought in by 26 unreal units (about 1 foot)
  • The point-blank damage was reduced by 100 points (for a full spread)
  • The ‘poke’ damage at ultra-long range was flattened at 100 points (for a full spread)
    (form the blog summary.)

Not sure how I feel about this TBH, I hated comp gnasher and don’t feel that the chip , chip, chip away fights TC are aiming for were very fun. The risk/reward is too low and it removes lots of tension and fun from shotgun fights

Still I haven’t tested so we will have to see.
Anyone tested it yet?

4 Likes

Honestly It depends if its more consistent. If its more consistent then i dont mind.

2 Likes

Touche.

I’d trade pretty much anything setting wise if it just worked the same everytime.

3 Likes

If it still plays like before with this gib nerf im probably done lol.

3 Likes

Honestly if it is live already it sucks. Went straight here looking for this topic. The 6 round Gnasher has to be changed now it just has to. Before with the Gib distance you had a good chance when out number. A couple 3v1 I was able to out play and land a few shots without getting hit 51% on a couple Gib one than had to reload. My good movement wasn’t rewarded because of the reload. The two extra rounds would of made a big difference.

6 Likes

Doesnt sound promising. Does it seem at all more consistent?

No it doesn’t. This was the first time in years I started to browse the Xbox store looking for a game to play. I was one of the few who actually like the game because I didn’t see most of the issues that plague the rest of this community. I thought I was lucky because of the region I was in. Since I came back this game has actually been awful. Now this new update Wtf I was hoping for the best. Hopefully it’s because it just went live. I’ll have to wait and see. As of right now game is BEYOND TRASH FOR ME, IT’S SEWAGE.

2 Likes

Lol thats not good. Because it was trash for me before this update.

3 Likes

Thank you for the heads up mate :slight_smile:

I just finished a match where it was close enough to gears 4 competitive mechanics, not that I hate it, but it seems that many need to go into another learning curve all over again just to accommodate their constant changes.

1 Like

Consistent? When pigs fly! I’ve just emptied a full clip on a newbie player and I died!

5 Likes

No worries!
Hmmm, not sounding my cup of tea then, oh well.
Learning again for this update? By the time I’ve worked out how it’s working in one round/game, it starts working differently in the next! :sob:

1 Like

No matter what they do I have found the inconsistency in lag makes their changes almost feel moot.

4 Likes

Thats the main reason i’m pretty much against an gnasher setting changes at the moment.
What’s the point in re-tuning a weapon if it doesn’t even work consistently?

5 Likes

Update- So this update all comes down to consistency. Last couple matches I was still gibbing people but most was body to body unless they were in a roadie run. The consistency was there for two matches earlier it wasn’t. Hopefully we will see if it holds if population count grows it still early in the day. The Gnasher does need to be 8 shots I don’t understand how you bring the fun back to CQC if you can do something epic because of a dam reload.

2 Likes

#Gears5 Live Update: 2/11 1:20pm PT We have identified an issue that eliminated bullet magnetism for the Gnasher alongside this tuning update. This issue has now been resolved. https://t.co/stezIFltUJ

4 Likes

Thanks Delta . Your pretty quick that just got tweeted a couple min ago lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!
Damn though, I would have liked to have played with that switched off.
Good on TC though for fixing it so fast.

4 Likes

I played a FFA earlier and it was brutal. Both myself and opponents were shooting each other from point blank and nothing would be happening. Seemed like the gnasher had to be pressed up against the opponent before it worked properly.

2 Likes

Everyone is used to what the gnasher play has been for a while so this update would take sometime to get used too.

I havent played it yet so i cant give my input on it but the Blog post gave me some idea of what i should be expecting.

2 Likes