Latency is not good right now

So I go to get on and play some Horde, and it takes like 45 seconds to get to the menu where you choose difficulty… So, I’m like huh… Maybe I need to turn my modem and router off and back on again. So I go in to the menu and look at region latencies… 622MS for Central… YIKES… I do a reboot on modem, router and Xbox… Get back in, and it’s the same thing… So then I go and check the Xbox network settings… 70/5 with a 56ms latency. And then I do a overall speedtest and I get 70/5 with a 10ms…

There is something going on, I dunno… LoL… I guess I’ll play some Destiny 2 or maybe hop back on WoW to see if I can get sucked back into that…

1 Like

Yes I noticed that yesterday too, It’s so annoying, But I have an internet like you (60-70mbps), So can you tell me what ping do you have normally? To see if my 100-200 ping is from my internet or because I am far from the servers

Your bandwidth (download and upload speeds) aren’t an indication of what your ping will be. It’s highly likely you’re further from the data center(s) and/or may be using WiFi (I am unsure of this part though).

The original posters images look like a glitch within the servers.

1 Like

25 to 50 is where my typical ping hovers around. And as far as it being a glitch, considering it was taking 45 seconds to a minute to get to the menu screens where it was communicating with the servers. I dunno… And those numbers were there before and after I did a power cycle on my modem router and Xbox… It did finally clear up about 10 or 15 mins later though…

1 Like

It’s a known issue with the gears servers as of late. Something is up on their end not ours

1 Like