Lancer GL has been removed from game?

Loading in Gears 5 Operation 3 for the first time and went to my go-to character of JD and noticed that the Lancer GL has been replaced. Did TC just get rid of the GL? I can’t find it anywhere now. Thought maybe they gave it to another character so I went and checked each one has their original weapons.

So…what gives?

1 Like

You just have to buy it from the fabricator now, that’s all.

1 Like

1st and foremost you are saying it wrong. Its the freedom lancer. And you just have to actually buy it from the fab now

5 Likes

Reading is elementary.

1 Like

Where is your search bar meme?

2 Likes

exactly right… :smile:

2 Likes

This was TC’s answer to everyone who pointed out how weak (almost) every other character was in Horde, relative to JD… Not to make the other characters more viable… To try and make JD weaker… lol…

6 Likes

No time for search bar memes when you gotta spread word of the freedom lancer

3 Likes

It’s the only thing that TC made right on Gears 5, the FREEDOM LANCER, other than that… I don’t find anything usable within the game…

3 Likes

Now if only we can get an official name change

3 Likes

If TC changed that weapon name to FREEDOM LANCER, I promise Ill stop being hurtful and mean to TC from now on.

2 Likes

@ll_R_E_D_l they should add for Gears 6 the group members of LOS MIER man .

1 Like

How in the world u swap the GL Lancer with the Boom Shot? I do t wanna buy the Lancer, I wanna use my energy to upgrade perks and buy barriers and sentries. How can I play with a boom shot and a gnasher and then when I get killed in the more difficult waves I have to rebuy the GL Lancer. This update was a game experience ruiner. Swapping JD’s main weapon with tue boom shot shows mediocrity in strategy. I wander if the guys who give such ideas are gamers themselves. Im so unhappy… Totally unhappy with this update…

1 Like

Perhaps they took the gl lancer from jd because people always stored it and killed their self’s to get another and so on, ive been in a game where there were about 5 gl’s on weapon lockers, and during games it’s constant booms from jd one after another

2 Likes

best fix ever was so over the sad jds spamming every kill also reloads slower now

lol, wanna bet the assault rifle personal perk no longer applies to the GL explosives :slight_smile: ? I won’t bet a lot of money, but I would bet a couple of bucks, lol…

JD he was just too strong for Horde overall, with too much give and not enough take. An Insane or Inconcievable match shouldn’t feel quite so much like Normal game without multiple high levels on a team…

Try playing without JD on Master post-Operation nerf and let me know how much fun that was and how long the game took.

It should be, try playing JD post-Operation nerf and see how he plays now. Whether he feels more balanced or not. I am sure I can play fine and perform well, still.

Haven’t tried that yet.