Lahni Card setups

I’ve finally decided to start leveling my Lahni recently, so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their Lahni card setups. I know in escape that her venom blade is an absolute must, but other than that I’m clueless. And I’m not certain as to how I should build her for horde either. Thanks!

I can only share experience for Escape.
Here is my set:
Venom Resistance
Venom Blade
Short Range Deflection
Thrill of the Hunt
5th is up to you - I use Shock Chain or Brawler ( on maps when Venom is slow)

1 Like

This makes me feel good, because that’s my exact Lahni setup in escape hahaha. Thanks.

1 Like

I’d use:

Venom Blade
Thrill Of The Hunt
Shockchain
Venom Resistance

And the last card varies. I tend to use Mid-Range Deflection; or Brawler depending on the situation, but typically the former rather than the latter.

My main bit of advice, is don’t underestimate the power of Lahni’s ability to bleed enemies when she is in venom. I often see people over-commit when attacking enemies and often you can just leave the enemy to bleed out - so they go for multiple knife slashes when 1 (or at a push, 2 slashes) would do before rolling away; or worse still I often see people do the slash-slash-kick-execute combo when it’s just not necessary. Lahni is probably best played using hit and run strikes.

Brawler, I only use when there are lots of enemies around and they absolutely need to be dead - usualy on Hives where there are lots of Juvies like The Warren. But on other maps the bleed tends to be good enough by itself without Brawler, so in this situation I use Mid-Range Deflection. Having said that Lahni’s passive skill was recently changed so that any melee kills (including bleed kills) restore her health by 50% or something, so Brawler becomes more useful as you don’t just rely on alive but bleeding enemies for healing (through Thrill Of The Hunt) - outright kills also heal now.

A little remidner as well, is that Short-Range Deflection used to also apply the damage resistance to melee attacks too, but was changed with the TU before this recent one. Apparently TC have plans to revert this card back to how it was so it applies to melee damage, so when this happens I’d recommend this as it will give you a safety-net in melee range.

And lastly, Shockchain also applies bleeding to enemies in venom. So it’s not just the enemy you’re slashing directly, it’s all enemies affected by the lightning. It’s very powerful. I’d suggest slashing one enemy a couple of times before jumping to another one, and then another one. The lightning will shock several enemies and you apply the bleed to more enemies.

4 Likes

I didn’t know the shock from the shock chain bled affected enemies. That’s pretty awesome. I’ll have to keep that in mind from now on.

Also last night, I was playing horde with Lahni and my thrill of the hunt never felt like it activated at all. I was trying to kill enemies as quickly as possible to heal because I was regenerating zero health it felt like. Is thrill just that slow to kick in?

It takes a few seconds. I can’t say exactly how long, but some people reckon about 2 seconds or so, and the range is tiny - 2.5 metres in-game, which is probably just beyond a Scion’s melee-lunge range. It’s not as good as it was, but it’s still necessary for lack of better options.

3 Likes

I just use this in most hives :

Thrill
Short Range Resistance
Venom Resistance
Venom Blade
Shock Chain

If the short ult modifier is on, it depends whether I see a practical use for Mid Range Resistance to swap it out for Shock Chain.

At least, going off of memory this is usually what I go with for my Lahni Escape builds, I find Brawler to be basically unnecessary as last I heard it doesn’t increase bleed damage and the damage increase it provides if you run a build with bleed is quite honestly so minor it’s not worth taking imo. If the enemy is bleeding chances are high they’ll be going down faster to it than you can swing. (Plus Brawler would actually reduce the time you have a bleeding effect next to you by a little bit so do you really want that?)

Still waiting to get more melee resistance for the character.

1 Like

I seem to be using essentially the same setups as everyone else for Lahni. Good to know lol.

@Bleeding_Pepper

I often see people over-commit when attacking enemies and often you can just leave the enemy to bleed out - so they go for multiple knife slashes when 1 (or at a push, 2 slashes) would do before rolling away; or worse still I often see people do the slash-slash-kick-execute combo when it’s just not necessary. Lahni is probably best played using hit and run strikes.

Yeah i also for get. Emile is like this as well. or mac with bleed damage.

I end getting my self killed not using the catds correctly.

Brawler kinda makes sense atm since you’re able to oneshot Juvies and recieve the 50% healing. Still, not being able to bring Mid Range or Shock Chain instead sucks.

2 Likes

Weren’t they supposed to be adding that to Short Range Deflection, in the patch that died?

2 Likes

ESCAPE:
Short Range Deflection
Thrill of the Hunt
Brawler
Venom Blade
Venom Resistance

HORDE:
Thrill of the Hunt
Short Range Deflection
Mid Range Deflection
Brawler
Ambush

When Lahni ultimate actives she can punish any group of enemies without going down. I’ve been surrounded with Scions and never went down with this setup. All these cards are either 5’s or 6’s.

1 Like

I’ve actually been toying around with her nimble card in horde and I have to say, it’s extremely under utilized. I was flying around the map with her. Add her speed perk to it and you feel like sonic the hedgehog lol.

But either way, I appreciate the input. I’ll be sure to try it out.

1 Like

Since we’re here can someone do a JD setup

Horde - Razor Hail, Custom Lancer GL, Custom Boomshot, Launcher Capacity, Officer’s Prerogative.

Escape - Razor Hail, Custom Lancer GL, Custom Boomshot, Launcher Capacity, Officer’s Prerogative, Good Kill.

If there’s no Lancer GL in Escape, it changes to Good Kill. On Clock, there is both Lancer GL and Boomshot but Officer’s Prerogative isn’t necessary, so I have Good Kill instead.

1 Like

Does Custom Gl stack with razor Hail.

Meaning I’ll do less bleed damage if I don’t run Custom GL then if I do.

I believe Custom Lancer GL affects the base explosion and bullet damage. So it’s +60% but with perfect active reload, it seems to be extra doubled damage from explosion. Then the bleed… since it’s 25%, it could be related to Custom Lancer GL damage. Not really sure. It probably does stack and related.

Electroblade is one of the few ults that grants a damage resistance and speed boost as well as faster melee attacks while it is active. Since I got Lahni’s relevant skills to a high enough level J found triggering her ult makes her temporarily invincible, which makes for a nice clutch tool or way to prevent being downed when under a lot of fire(in venom when you’re in Escape naturally, with the damage res perk in Horde leveled enough).

What confirmed my findings? Running straight through Claw fire or Ice Scion freezing… er… beams? Anyway, I would run straight through those and take no damage at all, thus also not getting affected by stopping power. Which is nice. I also wouldn’t say it’s broken since you don’t have perma ults anyway, since that exploit got fixed.

1 Like

Nimble becomes uncontrollable the higher you get that card, and coupling that with her movement speed perk, makes her stick to walls all day. I play on max look sensitivity and I couldn’t control that card at all, lol.

1 Like

My nimble card is at level three. Are you suggesting I don’t upgrade it at all? Lol