King of the Hill ranked

So not really complaining, The only thing I play is Koth I have just got to re -up 1. I am still silver 1, I feel like I preform very well on Koth I have the most caps and breaks every time I play, not up top every game, but no less than 3rd on my team every game. I am still silver 1? I won 6 games in a row yesterday, and seemed nothing happened… I have decided not to really care about the game type lvling because of this. My question is how do you rank up in Koth ranked?

Caps don’t mean much. It’s all about kills (which is different from eliminations)

I think I’ve only won 9 koth games in total and I’m onyx 3, but since I get a lot of kills I rank up

1 Like

That’s so broken, objective is the most important thing in Koth not kills even though kills have an impact on the match. Thanks for the information though, now I know. I’m not a super try hard, So that lvl system does not even matter to me. Now I know though. Wish it was set up differently.

2 Likes

Yeah all I play is KOTH and am diamond 2 but sometimes it truly feels random in that sometimes if I do bad I lose 10 points where other times I’ll lose 50 and vice versa definitely janked and needs to be tuned along with “eliminations” Aka assists being shown instead of actual kills

1 Like

Yeah it is still a new game I guess, hopefully they will do something about ranked because going by kills is definitely not the way to do it. Wins, and performance is how that should go. Gears is really a team effort.

That’s a shame… KOTH was always about objectives and its a shame that they’ve changed it.

1 Like

I think I saw online - maybe on Octus’ twitter? - that they are going to put out something explaining how ranking is determined, as some people find it kinda opaque.

2 Likes