King if the hill gears of war 2 style needs to come back

the older style of king of the hill was much better and more balanced because of some simple changes where as the ring was in the same location for the entire round 120 point round spawn points were swapped at the end of every round, it was execution style so you could not be killed by far , you also needed to have a player in the hill at all times to score points. and there was another key that made the gametype better, the players on the team that had the hill captured would not respawn until the ring was broken meaning the team would have to retreat if they lost to many players. i believe this type of king of the hill was the best who agrees

12 Likes

Been saying this forever. Would love this, but the koth we have now does have a place in gears. Just rename it, annex.

1 Like

I think if they made both teams spawn an equal distance from each hill and have random hills it would make the mode so much better

4 Likes

Had that happen to me on harbor an hour or two ago. My team spawned away from the hill after failing to take hill. They had the hill on boltok. We take hill. They spawn right there at the Beginning area spawn. How convenient.

2 Likes

Agreed, it was more fun like that. Horde was better in Gears 2 as well but that’s another topic.

3 Likes

Annex was better, like this koth

3 Likes

i agree annex was alright but not as solid as koth in gears 2 . why not have annex and koth again because they are very different , also i think they should bring back wingman

3 Likes

I don’t have a major issue with the current King of the Hill, as it’s a sort of hybrid of the original version and Annex.

However, I wouldn’t mind:

• The “next” icon, that shows when a ring has 10 or less points, being removed entirely. It ruins the spontaneity of the game by allowing players to know where to go and effectively pre-camp.
  • Respawns being equally distanced from the ring as well as being limited to how many times they switch sides. Too many times have I killed someone to have them spawn on my back like a Koala on heat.

Other than them, I don’t find the mode to be that bad.

4 Likes

I want submission back. There, I said it.

1 Like

Submission was honestly decent. Good change of pace.

2 Likes

the old king of the hill was much more balanced with the ring only being held in the middle points of the map and the spawn points only changing once per round , sometimes the other team now spawns with a height advantage or spawns a little closer which makes a huge difference once you start playing competitive teams they already know the rotation and its easy for them to get in there and shut you out because they just keep respawning even if you dont break it , plus no one actually has to sit in the ring so they can push closer the the spawn thats farther away making it even harder to cap or break from a. strong team. this gametype is all about position spawns should never swap its stupid it forces people to push off time because people are coming behind them , the spawns swap before the next ring location comes up which is confusing and dumb , go back to the older style and more people will play the game , no one likes to play games that arent fair

Probably the best game mode gears of war franchise ever had gears 2 koth! Never seen it anywheres since darn shame! I love how it forces teams to play with team based strategy in order to actually dominate the hill and maps! not just running and gunning all over the place with no real direction, or plans, because soon as ya come up with strategy to take the hill, it’s moving again, and again, and again!

1 Like

Gears 2 koth is in arcade mode. This mode is annex, just renamed for whatever reason. I could see it being a weekly Playlist thing but not more than that. We don’t need it

Yeah, that was always a problem in Gears 2. Especially on Blood Drive when one of the hills was at the grenades on the enemy teams side, and they’d just plant them up before the team could get in there.

I agree! Only, I wouldn’t want execution style downs.

And while we are at it, bring back EVERY GoW2 map. :smiley:

1 Like

i believe annex should be the weekly playlist

1 Like

Annex has been an OG mode since gears of war. Im pretty sure that wont happen.

They have changed annex game mode rules and play style so much what even is Annex ?

I simply mean annex has to be clearly different then king of the hill. leave annex the game type that allows the hill to wonder around and the more simple shoot to kill play style yes. But make koth the exact opposite one hill per round with execution style kills and only way to hold the hill and earn points from it, is to have at least one player standing in the hill. all teammates can’t respawn until hill is broken clear distinctive key differences between the two game modes would be nice :+1: the game modes should play the way they are titled. Koth means two teams all out brawling over the one hill. Annex means moving capture zones with simple shoot to kill game play and no limitations on respawns just total craziness total annex.

1 Like

I see this going sour though if a team posts up an impenetrable defence of focus lancer fire. At least in Annex rules, the hill forces a team to rotate.
Annex was much more popular in G2 vs the one hill version as I remember as well.

Would be fun to do as an event though to try it out and who knows, if it plays well, it could replace Current KOTH but I don’t think it’ll play out better tbh.