Keyboard and Mouse Questions

I am transitioning from 12 years of Gears on controller to keyboard and mouse on console. I appreciate the support of my very personal choice and am feeling at home with my new, true self.
:grin:
I am going to probably have several questions come up so I figured best to just have one thread so i don’t clutter the forum.

Got two questions to start.

What exactly is going on with mouse smoothing? It does look much better while panning. Is there a draw back I don’t notice right now?

Is there a way to have the mouse have as much control during running as A & D? I have to make ridiculous amount of movement to move the characters with a mouse while roadie running.

Overall, I am really digging this. The keyboard movement is going to take time, but the mouse is just super intuitive for me in shooting. More so than sticks have ever been.

Disclaimer: I have never been a kb/m player. Even when I was gaming on PC in the 90s, I used controllers…and they were terrible. Lol

Turn off mouse smoothing. You don’t want anything interfering with your aim.

Regarding mouse turning, no. Just get used to using the keyboard keys along with the mouse. Trying to use the mouse only is like turning with treacle.

Good luck :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve noticed a lower dpi with higher sensitivity is a little jittery and requires mouse smoothing on, while a higher dpi with lower sensitivity is smoother and doesn’t require mouse smoothing, plus the higher dpi allows quicker vertical look movement while roadie running.

Still testing…YMMV.

1 Like