Keep getting logged out of forums

hello everyone, hope your having a great day. i just wanted to ask if anyone else has been having the issue where they’ve been getting logged out if the forums everyday and having to keep on logging in? thanks.

1 Like

I am not having this issue personally.

What are you using to log in? May help if other people are having the same issue to be able to see if there is a common link

same for me no problem

1 Like

I don’t have any issues. I use my mobile to read the forums

1 Like

Sounds like a browser cookie issue, check your settings to see if it’s set to clear cookies each day/when you close the browser, or maybe under privacy settings.

Otherwise clear out the cookies once and log back in, then see if that dislodges the problematic cookie and it stays logged in after that.

2 Likes

I’m on safari

Do you see the option to select “always stay signed in” when you enter your login info? I find that if I don’t put a check mark on that when I sign into my Microsoft account, I’ll get signed out fairly fast, but when I check the always stay signed in box, I can come back to many Microsoft pages (this forum included) without ever getting logged off.

That’s the first thing I’d recommend you do if you have that option pop up when signing in. Second is that if your device/pc is set to wipe your cache after closing your browser, it’s gonna auto sign you out every time, no matter how long or short of time is spent in between due to the cache wiping feature. I’d check to see if that’s enabled and turn it off if it is.

Beyond that, I’d have to think a bit, but maybe one of those are the problem and that’ll hopefully fix it for you.

1 Like

After the last forum update I have this on mobile.

Irritating at first but I no longer check the forums as I used to. Don’t expect a fix for it though, if TC broke it, you can be sure they won’t fix it back.

1 Like

thank you! I’ll try the other options out, however, the tick box on stay signed in isnt there for me unfortunately :frowning:

1 Like

Say hi to the lions for me.

I use edge on my console and never have this issue.

2 Likes

HAHAHAH your reply made me laugh.

1 Like