I've master solo'd a hive by only using lethal barrier

So yesterday as a joke, @RelaxingKoty asked me to solo with only using lethal barrier. I surprisingly died only once throughout the run due to a drone shooting behind me. It was an interesting experience since I didn’t know it also stunned enemies as I’ve always done a melee combo while it was active. For those asking “how are you getting hit but getting stim back?” For one, I have Harness Energy so I guess when drones and scions make contact with th shield I gain stim, but I also lose it when their hitbox makes contact with my character model’s hurtbox as well. Furthermore, the drones and scion mulcher scion are shooting at the shueld constantly so I am almost always getting stim instantly. I know that @Bleeding_Pepper said master solo escape is different, but I really couldn’t stop giggling the whole time thinking back on what he said about not recommending lethal barrier and @HerrKatzchen saying it does nothing on anything higher on beginner. Anyway here it is.

8 Likes

Not interested in the callout part of this thread but the solo video was awesome. Lol very good use of the card

5 Likes

That was some useful testing with pure entertainment, it had me laughing quite a bit. Well done.

3 Likes

Glad you got a giggle out of it. I don’t see how it disproves my point that solo Escape on master needs a different approach though, cos in many ways this is exactly what you’ve done. :wink:

The context of my comment was that as a single player you have to deal with all of the enemies; they’re more aggressive when there’s one player; and you have to juggle more roles (e.g.: CQC, sniping, using grenades and explosives; and to an extent ammo management as one player can carry fewer weapons and ammo overall).

And regarding Lethal Barrier it’s a case of me being of the opinion that there are 5-6 skills which I believe are better. If you prefer Lethal Barrier then that’s cool.

2 Likes

I liked the vid a lot- my problem is whenever I have Lethal Barrier equipped I can’t use it to its full potential.

2 Likes

Just read above and what I initially said was already mentioned.lol.

I think I tried using lethal barrier on the Warren awhile back and had a tough time because of juvie health being higher.

2 Likes