My main short rant is that Horde & Escape are just not fun. It’s not the bugs, its the lack of fun.
Horde: You literally could of taken Gears 4 Horde gameplay + Gears 5 Graphics & Tech Maps = done! All this new ish is unnecessary. The power taps, moving around the map, making everything expensive, having people upgrade themselves, HALO CHARACTERS (GROSS - way to break the immersion of the universe), etc. List goes on and on. Keep Jack… that was a good idea. All you needed to do was the above with these few tweaks:
- Engineers have the ability to lock down the fab. Only Eng can move it, buy from it, upgrade equipment.
Also unlock the fab when playing with a team that doesn’t have newbs or trolls.
- Overall… you’ve killed the purpose of each class. I won’t go into details here but it’s kinda obvious what I mean.
I love playing engineer but with no power deposited and everyone playing for themselves… no point really.
Then there’s Escape:
- God why are their only 2 shots in anything I seem to pick up? Why even bother?
- Lockers are in there now? How long has that been a thing. Also… they still dont help refilling ammo at a snails
pace. We deployed two and it just didn’t matter. With venom gaining on us… had to leave the weapons behind.
Did anyone actually think that idea through?
- The deck is stacked so badly against the players its just not fun.
Anyway… that is all. Gears 5 is an amazing technical demo… but a fun game outside of campaign it is not.