Gears Forums

Its almost here!

(mizzelphug) #41

So with it being few months of the release date it’s going to have to be a COD style Beta right?
It would just be a temporary release of the final version rather than a true beta like Gears4 had.
(which changed drastically in terms of appearance, sound design and some of the mechanics.)

All the physical media involved in the actual release would have to go into production around the same time in order to make an autumn/winter deadline. Most games hit retailers stock rooms weeks to months in advance which is why every game seems to have a day 1 patch as development continues past those production/shipping deadlines. Games seem to be a logistics nightmare.

(Slipping Flames) #42

Feels like maybe a server test weekend or something.

Knowing TC, they probably think it will increase sales not to show the game first.

Knowing Gears 4, they are probably right.

(S IK O IR G E) #43

Lowkey wish Gears 5 was a next-gen game…

(Duffman GB) #44

I know we have not got 5 yet but assuming we get a sixth game that will be on the next gen, which will be current gen by then of course

(III EnVii III) #45

Next-Gen is looking like end of 2020.

Gears 5 can launch this year and then perhaps get the “Enhanced” or Updated Version when the NextBox launches.

Either way, it’s safe to say that Gears 6 will be the dramatic upgrade when that comes out.

(DigitalBuddha14) #46

Modern warfare beats the heck out of crap ops, pretty excited about that. Probably gonna check pokemon sword out too. I am so happy 5 has so much gears 2 stuff in it looking at it so far, 2 was my favorite. I am excited to see halos new slip space engine, a whole new engine and look for infinite. Finally get to see mysterio in spider man this year too. Not into the dark phoenix thing, even if they put the star jammers in it, just, eh. Now domino, there was awesome mutant.

“When I get out of here, and I will…it’s gonna be carnage.” - kletus cassidy

(Stoic Slab) #47

As far as Xbox/Microsoft as a whole is a concerned, it’ll likely focus on updates with stuff we already knew: Halo late 2020, a soft reveal of the next consoles, a Fable reboot, the cloud.

They might reveal some new first-party titles, but my money is on them doubling down on the Live Service trend.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #48

I miss your stone slab profile picture

(Stoic Slab) #49

Still on a high from Sekiro and I haven’t played it in a month. If it wears off, maybe I’ll go back.

That or my smiling Karl Franz pic. Depends on my mood.

(Stoic Slab) #50

Speaking of FromSoftware, it sounds like they’re working with GRRM on something and will reveal it at the Microsoft presentation. Now that’s interesting.