Gears Forums

Its almost here!

(villa casual 42) #21

I wasn’t sure. I always think its in May.
It’s good to know though saves me googling it now

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #22

Can’t believe there is no Play Station at E3 this year. Really looking forward to Ghosts of Tsushima announcement

(III EnVii III) #23

SONY will just be doing their own thing like Nintendo.

So more of a low key video - we will still hear from them :+1:

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #24

Oh yeah for sure. I think there are two other video game type events or something rather so they will announce things then.

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #25

Well with that “leaked” ugly cover art for the game and the release date for September supposedly, I can see a Beta for July, with August to polish it up after the feed back and then release in September. Kind of smart too though if it’s true because of the holiday releases. They are usually big and hard to go up against.

(III EnVii III) #26

Yeah, I think EA and someone else.

I can’t wait to see what’s coming up.

For SONY, I’m looking forward to Death Stranding and Last of Us 2.

For MS - of course Tactics and Gears 5.

From Nintendo - Pokemon Sword,

And then each other developer/publishers gaming.

First time in a long time I’m excited for the new Modern Warfare too.

(III EnVii III) #27

I don’t know.

It just seems so soon.

Games go Gold about 2-4 weeks before release.

We won’t see Gears 5 till mid-July, so a BETA would have to follow on pretty much straight away if it’s going to have 1-2 weeks in testing and allow TC to make changes in August if needed for a early September release.

I hope 10th of Sep is the case because I obviously can’t wait!

Would mean we could see first esports tournament in November/December and that means new eSports Skins!

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #28

Yeah I get it. Unless they have a beta the first week of July, then get the feed back and then work on it through July and first week of August then still release it on September 10.

(III EnVii III) #29

They won’t have one first week because 5 isn’t being shown till like the 10th or July.

So that Pro Players event I think is about 1-4 days.

It would have to be after that.

And there’s no real point in doing a BETA and then 4 or so weeks later, the full game is out :sweat_smile: - plus it’s not really a beta then.

More like a sneak peak, pre-release!

Perhaps they are so confident, they will skip a beta.

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #30

No way. I dont see them skipping a beta. I still think that release is bogus though.

(III EnVii III) #31

I’d rather have it 10th September with no beta than a beta and a later launch :sweat_smile:

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #32

Looks like I have less time to use my Esports skins and BS characters…

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #33

Hurry up!! Buy them all before Gears 5 comes out man!

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #34

I’m buying i’m buying! Gotta get my skins!!!

(Stoic Slab) #35

Without knowing much about the game, September is a little too early for my liking - but otherwise very much believable.

My cynical side tells me that because Microsoft doesn’t have anything else planned for the near future, they’re scrambling to get something out there. Which also tells me that they’re going to play things conservatively again with Gears 5.

(VettleGT) #36

I feel like the beta will be the thing in July with the pros…

(Stoic Slab) #37

The possibility of no beta at all is appearing increasingly more and more likely. The pessimitic way of viewing it is that TC & Microsoft were completely satisfied with how Gears 4 turned out and there is nothing in Gears 5 worth testing. The optimisitic viewpoint on the otherhand is that they’re confident their infrastructure will handle the game. Meaning there is no need to test it and, I would hope, they have some interesting changes in store.

For now, I’m not feeling much excitement and am keeping my expectations low.

(THE GIB MEISTER) #38

I love the cover and I’m tired of everyone ■■■■■■■■ about it

(hotbeatz85) #39

The next generation PlayStation will not be all that great imo but it will still have a fan base. Think Microsoft will blow your mind away with what it has in store. Wanna see that new Xbox reveal hopefully the rumors are true and maybe bring Xbox back into light. Gears 5 is really all I want to see tho, been waiting patiently for something that surprises me.

(THE GIB MEISTER) #40

Ur a Handsome guy hello cheers to that