Is there skill based match making?

Is there skill based matchmaking in gears 5? Every match i play i feel like my teammates and people i play against are low tier

We need a whole wiki page to chronologize the buffoonery that is Gears 5’s ranking system.

Long story short; not really, it’s now mostly based on wins but about a 5th of it is based on performance.

It used to be performance-based but it scrambled everything so bad that we have Masters and Bronze players in the same games now.

1 Like

“Masters and Bronze in the same game right now”

Me, a Bronze:

Bravo to you for caring. When I was put in lobbies where I was supposed to carry bronze and silver, they never seemed to be aware, or care, that they were feeding. It was essentially a race for me to collect power weapons and kill the enemies faster than they killed my teammates. Bronze and silver who play cautiously are rare and have my respect.

2 Likes

lol I usually end up with the fewest deaths

As @Me0wMix_CatFood said, at least you care somewhat and that’s leagues more than I can say for the average stubborn jackass who keeps slaughtering themselves and waste time ranting in global chat.

1 Like

@Mark36111 take notes

@TC_Clown routinely uses global chat to antagonize others over their sexual activities and preferences, which is really just an obvious reflection of his own pent-up frustrations.

2 Likes

Ok last night the OTHER team started it…

2 Likes

I find it funny that the thread gets closed only when I derail it and not when @TC_Clown does it.

You’re right guys, this game is terrible and unfair!

3 Likes

ive been derailing threads for like 2 years at this point. People expect it from me

1 Like

People expect you to sit in a corner chewing on your controller for a good few hours before realising it isn’t even plugged in and you have no electricity.

3 Likes

Well yes, it would be dangerous to chew on electronics that are plugged in to power

2 Likes

Dave unfortunately learned that the hard way. Several times.

4 Likes

hahahahaha my friend Dave… you have to agree @GhostofDelta2 that Dave clearly its a character just like DEL or JD at this point in Gears of War. …

this place its not the same without him.

1 Like

Dave = Lizze

2 Likes

of course not… I think Dave @TC_Clown its JD at this point. .

there was a girl in here that used to be frequent on the forums… I think she might be lizzie hahahahaha :smile:

1 Like

I get so much love here

2 Likes

Edit: better gif

3 Likes

Screenshot Preview

6f7f1ed4 2e3d 4f16 a937 582bd0ba657f

I am tired of this garbage matchmaking. @Mark36111 and @ll_R_E_D_l get tf outta my games. Yall slow me tf down

2 Likes