Is there a list of what each character can buy from the Fabricator?

Does anyone have a list of what each character can buy from the Fabricator in Horde? I’m primarily interested in the fortifications so I know as Baird who to ask to build what to keep the build costs down. But a full list including weapons would be perfect.

1 Like

Don’t have a written list, but a few factors for consideration. After the purchase of five fortifications the price goes up. Some characters get special attributes with their fortifications.

Ex: Lazzie purchases barriers that have freeze damage. As it plays now, you can upgrade them and they retain freeze damage.

If you are Baird and have global overclock card, Jack can purchase level one lockers that would then also get your overclock skill at level 1.

Barriers are probably the most frequently shared purchase because they are bought early on when money is tight.

Off the top of my head:

JD can purchase barriers and MG sentries.
Lizzie can purchase barriers and shock sentries.
Jack can purchase forge and weapon lockers.

1 Like

Usually it’s fairly simple. Tanks get barricades and something else. Scout get’s nothing. It’s a case by thing basis but most people get baricades and something else. Also most characters can only buy 3 weapons from the fab, usually their loadout weapon and 1 other weapon. Cole for example get’s his loadout and a boomshot that he can buy. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I had thought about standing up a wiki with full character details such as these and full map details.
But after the guy I tried to recruit to work with me on it gave me enough time to realize how much work that’d be I kind of lost my motivation.
I did stand up the infrastructure to publish this but I’m not doing it alone. Get some one or two or three to team up with me and share all the homework that goes into the displays and I could paste you a link to something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gimme a minute and I’ll write one up for you.

I miss the old field guide books from Prima that used to have this kind of info.

1 Like

Same here, but given the amount of updates and changes games have after launch, those kinds of things are useless unless they also get updated.

1 Like

KAIT

Fortifications:

• none

Weapons:

• incendiary grenade
  • retro lancer
  • gnasher
  • talon
  • overkill

DEL

Fortifications:

• all

Weapons:

• shock grenade
  • enforcer
  • overkill

JD

Fortifications:

• barrier
  • MG sentry

Weapons:

• frag grenade
  • gnasher
  • snub
  • lancer GL
  • boomshot

MARCUS

Fortifications:

• barrier
  • decoy

Weapons:

• frag grenade
  • retro lancer
  • gnasher
  • lancer
  • snub

FAZ

Fortifications:

• barrier
  • weapon locker

Weapons:

• frag grenade
  • boltok
  • markza
  • longshot
  • embar

JACK

Fortifications:

• weapon locker
  • forge

Weapons:

• none

KEEGAN

Fortifications:

• barrier
  • forge

Weapons:

• incendiary grenade
  • gnasher
  • snub
  • boomshot
  • hammerburst

LAHNI

Fortifications:

• none

Weapons:

• incendiary grenade
  • gnasher
  • longshot
  • talon

MAC

Fortifications:

• barrier
  • decoy

Weapons:

• frag grenade
  • retro lancer
  • gnasher
  • boltok
  • markza

COG GEAR

Fortifications:

• barrier
  • weapon locker

Weapons:

• frag grenade
  • retro lancer
  • gnasher
  • lancer
  • snub

EMILE

Fortifications:

• barrier
  • MG sentry

Weapons:

• frag grenade
  • gnasher
  • markza
  • talon

KAT

Fortifications:

• all

Weapons:

• shock grenade
  • enforcer
  • embar

SARAH CONNOR

Fortifications:

• decoy
  • shock sentry

Weapons:

• frag grenade
  • gnasher
  • boltok
  • lancer

GRACE

Fortifications:

• decoy
  • shock sentry

Weapons:

• frag grenade
  • snub
  • overkill

BAIRD

Fortifications:

• all

Weapons:

• shock grenade
  • longshot
  • overkill
  • embar

LIZZIE

Fortifications:

• barrier
  • decoy
  • shock sentry

Weapons:

• shock grenade
  • enforcer
  • talon
  • embar
  • dropshot

CLAYTON

Fortifications:

• barrier
  • forge

Weapons:

• incendiary grenade
  • retro lancer
  • gnasher
  • snub
  • torque bow

COLE

Fortifications:

• barrier
  • decoy

Weapons:

• frag grenade
  • gnasher
  • lancer
  • snub
  • boomshot

And then of course everyone, excluding Jack, can buy a repair tool. Grace’s might not be accurate as I haven’t bought them so I had to look at a video from last year to see what they have, but their purchases might’ve changed by then. No clue.

9 Likes

Her Shock Sentries can also cause freeze.

1 Like

Thanks. Hadn’t really thought about that one.

Would have been useful in my run yesterday.

While Mg sentries are viewed as weaker in 5 compared to 4, there are a number of card combinations between Lizzie, Del, and Baird that would make a line of MG and shock sentries very powerful.

I smell a speed run in the making.

As a side note: my phone hates Lizzie. It’s always Lannie or Lannie or something with autocorrect.

1 Like

Give me a partner in crime or two and I’ve already setup a wiki - I’d restrict editing to just my collaborators but those guys could update it if I was too slow. If it gets popular and there ends up being a way to make enough money to sinking extra time into it then I could turn it into a data driven progressive web app so you could sort and filter and get notifications.
I’m not posting the link because it’s a whole lot of nothing until it’s populated.

1 Like

I certainly think there would be a market out there for avid fans if it was useful and concise yet thorough.

1 Like

That’d be my goal - useful comprehensive data quick and easy.
I always love building stuff like that :smiley: but it usually takes me 10x to make as I think it will and thinking it will take 10x longer is still thinking so the 10x rule just looks like a 100x rule then xD
That’s why for anything I’d need somebody to pull me along and hold me accountable and maybe some money so the time (when it hemorrhages) won’t feel like pain for nothing.
And… of course all my servers are relatively low power because it’s cheaper that way. If they started getting used by more than me and a handful of friends I’d need to buy up my infrastructure.

1 Like

Jack does not need weapons. He is the Weapon of Mass Destruction! :sunglasses:

Exceptional work there thank you. And thanks to others for the input too. I am aware that even if the Engineer has a build discount, things get more expensive with every purchase. What is the sweet spot then, where you make use of their discount but also the cheaper builds for other players? Eg everyone else buys all the barriers and maybe the lockers whilst Baird buys the turrets? There must be a bit of maths to do on a spreadsheet - it actually appeals to my sense of OCD to work it out!

They should make all weapons available. I hate the enforcer so much yet every character i like uses it or the retro. I wanna use the darn Lancer.

1 Like

Lancer is a pretty weak weapon. Even Enforcer is stronger than Lancer.

Its still nice to be able to chainsaw rejects, juvies, leeches, and drones.