Is TC aware that some players are experiencing abnormal timing delays?

I’ve seen people mentioning this and thought it significant enough to warrant attention. The delays between what the opponent is doing and what I see have sometimes grown extremely long in the last week. For instance, someone is running toward me but is still far away. I’m suddenly in the animation of being mantle kicked. I see a player start to pick up flame nades, the animation doesn’t even finish when I’m lit on fire.

If I see them look at a corner like they are going to up-A I know I am already dead because there is no chance to counter with these delays. The animation doesn’t happen. They look at the corner and then I’m snapped to the death screen and they have traveled 10’ in one frame.

It’s truly unplayable in some matches. Others, it’s fine. I’d say it’s about 1/3 of the matches in the past week have been like this. I know it’s not my ISP because there’s been chatter about this among friends and I hear it in game chat with randoms. It’s new and something is off.

I’m on the west coast US, AZ, 10/110 connection, ping is usually 24 to 32. TV has only 20ms lag.
Please investigate. This isn’t normal lag.

7 Likes

Man do u think TC gives two effs about the multiplayer servers? Think they’ll read this and get right on it?

If you haven’t noticed there’s another thread tearing them a new one - twitters getting roasted, Reddit’s getting roasted…

But sure, they’re going to allocate resources to fix these broken ■■■ servers that have not been fixed since launch.

To answer ur question, yes, I think tC is aware but sadly I do not think that will amount to anything, given the history of the company

2 Likes

Experienced a few this week where I had a delay then teleported couple steps backwards or forwards. I assume something is playing up with the servers.

Could be the NV series Azure cloud servers or sth around it… AT SOME REGIONS ONLY… I’m EU region, and I literally stop playing Gears cuz of this. The point of pointless plus, don’t wanna break ANOTHER controller, delays are atrocious!

3 Likes

I do believe it’s in certain regions. It’s also just specific matches as well. When it’s happening it’s unmistakable that you’re being delayed behind someone. Just odd that my ping is lower than everyone in the lobby, by at least 2x,and I would be delayed behind them.

3 Likes

What’s your GT? Would love to try and smash some sponges with forum personal, I don’t care about mics? With or without if we’re on at the same time let’s roll. Just in case banned BLUE is reading lol sup bro lol

3 Likes

I’m PM you my main GT.
Blue is banned?? Thought he seemed quiet… :frowning:

1 Like

I know you probably have a diff GT, but I’m simply laughing at the irony of someone asking for GT when the forums show your GT as your forum username xD :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah they ban blue he can only correspond in DM.

1 Like

Oh that’s my GT. But I ran into a few ppl who’s GT is different than forum. Unless there is a way to see GT. Is there? I haven’t really navigated this site. Or clicked on profiles

1 Like

I guess your right click there name and there is there GT lol. If it is there primary GT

1 Like

The ■■■■■■■ lag issue needs to be fixed. Anyone with 50 ping is a sponge 99% with 2 shots it’s ■■■■■■■■

1 Like

For a game in 2018 this sucks . Ping needs to be fixed. Or God dam I don’t want to…play cod

2 Likes

Just had one of these tonight. Hardly anything would count and enemies and teleporting everywhere. I went from MVPing 2 KOTH in a row to last place with only 12 kills in 3 rounds.

This is a legit issue. No exaggerations.

2 Likes

TC has to be aware, with every other thread mentioning spounging, magnet shots,shots not registering, headshots while clearly being in cover etc. TC where are you with any of these issues? im asking nicely for anything in regards thank you.

2 Likes

Yup he got banned for voicing his opinion of the game issues in multiplayer. He is a nice guy tho and don’t think he deserved the ban. I understood his frustration with the game. Let’s just hope that something can be done about these issues.

2 Likes

I pretty much didn’t play that much multiplayer since I got the game because of the issues with lag compensation. I swayed towards Horde for the first few months. Tho lately I completely lost interest because Versus is the reason I play Gears of War. I definitely can see some improvements since it launched tho.

1 Like

I never have any issues with this game. /sarcasm

This is a compilation of just last month’s problems.
(I have one for just about every month)

3 Likes

Come to think of it, I’ve been experiencing delays on the trigger pull lately. I was thinking it was my remote but this thread makes me wonder.

If you took all those trades, but only YOU died, that’s what I’m going though. I see myself shoot them but no damage is registered.

3 Likes