Is it safe to return yet?

Maybe give it a few more weeks until the Operation 3 release, given its delay so TC can work on making the core experience better overall before releasing it. It should bring decent improvements of its own to the game overall(hopefully), too. I don’t think that much has changed yet. Others may be able to provide further insights(being honest, I’m kinda not too bothered to dig up whatever is currently going on in Versus, and all the changes made over the last few weeks - not much has happened in regards to PvE, Op 3 will be for that stuff).

1 Like

No

2 Likes

1 Like

Haha, not at all. It’s still an inconsistent mess with possibly the worst Gnasher this game has ever seen. Connections still change mid-match and due to this you’ll go from no teleporting and all shots registering to the complete opposite in the snap of a finger.

I’d wait until they get this game in a respectable and workable condition. While the internet isn’t perfect there’s no reason this game runs like it’s running through DSL connections all day.

6 Likes

Reports shown predict a respectable state for Gears 5 to be operable in early 2046.

…maybe.
1 Like

I expect it to be in a respectable, no screaming BS state in the year 3000.

1 Like

No its terrible and i doubt it will ever be fixed unless they change the movement mechanics to gears 3 or 4s

Kinda guessed there was still some issues. Although I’m considering redownloading to follow the store incase something good comes up I cant live without like a cyclops skin or something.

I haven’t played since the end of Op1. I reinstalled the game, gave it a few hours of my time as to not be hasty and say its trash right away… ended up uninstalling it again. Still lame

Every time i try playing its like the game doesnt want me to play again its by far the worst gears game i enjoyed judgement way more then this

Ooooh, a tad optimistic but why the hell not?

2 Likes

The core of the gameplay won’t ever change, if you didn’t like gears 5 before just stay away. Sure they can increase the movement speed and constantly change the tuning but at the end of the day it’s always going to be the same core game with the same dev team.

1 Like

Guess ill go ■■■■ myself
Im sad this has basically ruined the franchise back to gears 3 i go

1 Like

I can agree with that. But It was the lack of consistency and not being able to make up their minds on what they wanted to begin with is why I decided to stay away for a while.

Was tired of all the back and forth and more wanted set in stone; This is gears 5 so like it or love it. But instead it was all over the place with changes.

1 Like

Yeah the game is always going to be inconsistent and constantly changing due to the devs just not being good devs lol

2 Likes

For real, lol.

I reformatted my whole PC today due to the Toredo error and reinstalled Gears 5. I instantly regretted it because I got into a match with a supposed 4ms ping against an enemy with a 60ms ping that spikes upwards of 300ms. It was unplayable. I was teleporting, no damage done to enemy on clear hits, sticking to walls and a list of other inconsistencies.

Due to my frustration, I left my party of friends and went to play Halo. After a few matches I’m still going lag free. Let’s be real here TC, get your act together. Halo is running much better than your game and it’s not even close.

1 Like

The latest trend for me is press rt and my gnasher doesnt want to shoot at times giving me free deaths and its pissing me off the game is so unplayable and broken

2 Likes

Yeah man the games not very fun and doesn’t seem to be getting better. The only gears content I consume is these forums

2 Likes

I remembered when you used to spend THOUSAND OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on the store, and now… you save that money for buying a yacht or a commercial airliner.

1 Like