Is it me or the sponge is way worse?

As the title says, the sponge is absolutely terrible and too much consistent. Percentages like 91%, 97%, 99%, 95% all the time, there is a ton of people who just walk like bots and when I shoot them all I see is point blank or sometimes I even hit an enemy and it doesn’t take any damage.
It’s very frustrating and it’s driving me nuts, I can’t take anymore of this. The servers are clearly not working properly.

7 Likes

All if not majority of this falls under poor net code. Sadly devs have yet to perfect this so its something we have to deal with for now. I’ve hit so many 98%'s in my fights I’m just not 100% certain about anything anymore. Who am I?

1 Like

It’s definitely a very poor netcode, this game unfortunately suffers connection issues since D1 but lately it’s bad as it gets.

3 Likes

Who lives in a :pineapple: under the specific?

5 Likes

My opponents in game.

1 Like

It’s part connection part just how the shotgun works and always has on gears.

Fine margins to get a one shot kill.

Sponge is crazy now…

1 Like

@TC_Clown You hear that.

It’s poor netcode…

2 Likes

Just playing devil’s advocate but is it possible that you just got close but not close enough? Just seems like a case of “I lost, therefore game bad” instead of thinking about solutions like holding your shot a moment longer and/or perfecting aim to land an extra pellet.

It’s not like that, I’m very patient with this kind of things but today I exploded hahah.
I even waited behind a cover and then shot when an enemy was close to be sure it wasn’t game’s fault but nope, 93%.
I don’t know why but it’s very frequent these days. I played for two weeks and I had a lot of fun but now… I just don’t get it.

2 Likes

If you got 90% damage on a player, it was 90%, not 100 lol. You weren’t close enough.

4 Likes

One day you can’t miss.
One day you are off a bit.
One day you can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

Tuning and the occasional warping player aside. The above explains sponging.

Long Live Guardian!!!

4 Likes

No disrespect, but TC has finally added Guardian to competitive now right?

Your goal has been achieved, what else is left?

1 Like

Amazing quote!

Just like saying;
If you’re not first, you’re last

2 Likes

ALWAYS

1 Like

Ha…specific

None taken!

My answer is simple:
Freedom isn’t free and you must be steadfast in defending it!

Long Live Guardian!!!

2 Likes

It certainly feels that way because, unless your teammate cleans up the kill quickly, it doesn’t matter how much damage you did if they heal up. The all or nothing nature of gnasher duels I think contributes to people’s frustration making them feel a 99% is as good as a 0%. All that matters to the dead player is that they’re dead and their opponent is alive which may motivate them to feel ripped off and come on Gears media to claim that a high 90 means that they were ripped off as if getting a high 90 were mathematically impossible.

Edited to clarify point.

1 Like

Yeah, I think they expect a kill with no more than 2 shots and are surprised when the opponent lands better hits

2 Likes

No. It’s you. It’s been there since day 1. Worse since the expanded the distance if the GIB in Operation 6. Or Operation Deep Six lol