Gears Forums

Is Gears ruined?

No, this doesn’t mean I hate the series. The Gears series is very dear to my heart, and along with Halo. The point is, is the Gears franchise even Gears of War anymore? I remember when Gears 1 came out, it was one of the best games, for it’s time, and heck, it still is. Gears 2, same situation. Gears 3 is where it starts dropping for me, it still felt like Gears of War, but to me, it wasn’t. Gears: Judgement to my point of view, isn’t a bad game, it’s not the best game but it’s not the worst. We got free for all, a version survival mode where you could play as the locust or cog. We got the option to change the skins of each individual character. I’m not a fan of the new control system they put in, but as a hardcore fan, and veteran, I didn’t care, I adapted. But when Gears 4 came out, is when I wanted to just leave. Loot boxes, bad matchmaking, everyone using Gnashers. I only play Gears 4 just to enjoy horde and the campaign. This is just my opinion, but it seems that ever since gears 3, I just keep getting pushed away. Even with Gears: UE, yes it had better graphics, but you can’t recreate an experience that started in 2006. I’m not saying I’m done with Gears of War, but it feels like I’m playing wannabe games. No other game can recreate the experiences with Gears 1 and 2. I can’t be the only one who thinks this. But I’m pretty sure I’m going to get hate from this. And quite frankly I don’t care. The destruction of the gears franchise is what’s getting on my nerves.

Please post what you dislike and why in this thread. Thank you.