Is Gears 4 better then Gears 5

agreed with OP

Played 30mins of the Operation 2 up date and wanted to self harm!
Gears 5 frustrating, annoying and boring (really sorry TC I wanted to love this Game but I just don’t) movement is slow weapon tune is out and I can’t get on with the dynamics. I know this is all my personal opinion and others may not share it.

To give an example.
I ‘up A’ an enemy while they were walking backwards towards me while they were lancering. My opponent turned around, casually pulled their Gnasher, hip fired and gib me before I could get my second shot out.
9% in 1 hit vs a 1bang!!!

The Pings on Gears 4 and all over the place used to have ping around 15’s - 30’s till last week now pushing 90’s - 120’s.
The Lobby’s have trolls in them getting messages on a daily from people saying “your S4!t” from players
under re-up 3 :man_facepalming: while banging back to back MVP’s.

It is all very very sad.

Rant over sorry guys

2 Likes

The trolls are the revisionists who are now pretending that GOW4 was some kind of masterpiece. The transition from UE to GOW4 was like having a prime rib dinner replaced with undercooked fish sticks in the middle of the meal.

3 Likes

Sounds like you missed your up-A. Why even attempt a risky shot in a scenario in which your opponent isn’t facing you? You probably also missed at least one other shot if the enemy had the time to switch weapons and body you. I can complete both my federal and state income tax returns in the amount of time it takes to switch weapons in Gears 5.

1 Like

Yeah I did miss my ‘up A’ it went in the gap between their body and arm I assume.

As I went to squeeze off my second shot they span round and got the one bang. Honestly I didn’t have time for a second shot. This is the frustration part I mentioned earlier.

The reason I went for a “up A” because it was a game of Guardian I was the Swarm speaker and opponent in question was Jin laying down cover fire for the team mates in front of her.
I wanted to run hit the corner of cover “up A” her in the back and push her team from behind :wink: while my team were fighting them face on.

It went wrong.

1 Like

Don’t get down on yourself. You were only 91% unsuccessful.

3 Likes

2 Likes

You’ve just described the community after every Gears release starting with 2.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sticking with this discussion gears 4 campaign solid, gears 5 feels like it ended too fast. Gears 4 versus felt solid even though itd take forever to find a match, gears 5 I like the addition any gun can get a head shot now but resetting tour of duty and everything is dumb just update it dont clear out everything. Biggest problem I have with 5 why change the lancer chainsaw and other weapon melee to the same button as reload?! That’s hosed me over so much, and shotgun OP AF!

1 Like

Now as of right now gears 4 is better. But that is only because that is a game that was refined over 3 years of updates. Gears 5 has been around only 3 months. So the subject of whether gears 4 is better than 5 is irrelevant, mostly because 4 actually was being supported for 3 years. The difference in how long these games have been supported makes this a question that can not be answered in 3 months because at this point it is unfair to attempt to compare because the answer would be 4.

I hope you can see the argument in this and the logic behind it. All gears 5 needs is time. That is what 4 got. So it only seems fair that we give 5 the time it is to become the game we want it to be.

I always used to talk in favor of the chainsaw remap, but I got into a battle with a guy last night and thought it was weird to have to mash B when It’s not even that button anymore. Then I thought it would be even more weird to tap RB so I don’t even know what I like anymore lol

2 Likes

pinochio

Thats why the movement speed was slowed and the slide travel was shortend.

the art style is an opinion.

The monetization hides 99% of the content behind a drip feed paywall and at that is much more expensive than gears of war 4. Not to mention this is a AAA game not a f2p

“rankings reflect actual skill” i had D5 in all modes in gears 4 and i played gears 5 for the most part solo, as the ranking system is intended for. I got stuck in gold 3 at highest and could not leave no Matter how many mvp’s i got. Now im sure if i sat there and played 24/7 id have got it because the ranking system rewards those who play in teams and lancer as it always did. But nobody has time for a system that punishes you for doing well.

“Outstanding campaign” ■■■■■■■■ it was better than 4 but lack luster and rushing to fill all the plot holes gears 4 left behind.

“More responsive gunplay” so the guns deal more damage than they should. Imo as a person who actually participated in the pro/gb scene thats bull, gears UE had responsive gunplay, gears two before tu6 had responsive gunplay. Gears 3/4core/5/J pandered to the many and made the game so anyone could play thats why you like it.

A skill based gnasher would be the gears UE/Gears 2 launch gnasher/gears 4 mid season 2 comp. Short range and completely reliant on your movement and holding your shot. Gears 5 allows you to just LT the day away.

The lancer is overpowering, the recoil is nice but its not gears of war. Gow1 had the best lancer

Maps = lancer happy balls of trash

Yes you need to convince me, compared to 4 gears 5 improved on nothing especially not that abhorred melee system. I hope youre trolling

5 Likes

Or simply taking the piss🙄

I also agree with this because I had to gamble on getting cards in horde I literally spent days on end trying to get last stand on heavy while I kept getting garbage fabricator carrying speed. Gears 5 is such an improvement that I don’t get a one card every 10 waves that’s just another dip of something I have maxed of

That’s funny I have last stand still left at like level 2, I never use it or berzerker. Thick skin or pistol expert for me

It just doesn’t feel like gears at all

1 Like

Still batting 1.000.

1 Like

Same hypocrites that said Gears 2 and 3 was trash.