Important Update for Nvidia Gears 4 Windows 10 Users

(Skelface) #149

The thread is no longer pinned.

That says a lot.

(HUG3 N3WB) #150

I’m glad it is not pinned anymore. I asked for that to be done.

The information is not correct, so having it shoved in everyone’s face was kind of insulting in my opinion.

(Skelface) #151

It also means they really don’t care anymore.

(HUG3 N3WB) #152

We’ve known that for a year already though :wink:

(sinadoom) #153

Can someone from TC or NVIDIA please tell us why it took so long and what the technical challenges were? I’d be really interested to know what caused this!

(HUG3 N3WB) #154

It isn’t fixed dude.

So it’s still on-going. Over a year and counting.
The challenges have been to get Nvidia & TC to give a crap.

(Al Bundy 33hero) #155

Does anyone know if it’s safe for me to try the old drivers on a card that came out long AFTER the drivers were issued? I believe the “safe” drivers are from last June but my 1070is a card that was released last November or so.

(GhostofDelta2) #156

I have never heard of situation (previously) where this was warranted at all. I personally wouldn’t do it unless I had a very compelling reason to do so.

(XxWreckedSoulxX) #157

It doesn’t do it to me, I’m not ignoring those who have the problem, I’m telling you that it’s not a major issue and that if you want it fixed, you shouldn’t be saying it here.

(HUG3 N3WB) #158

It booting you out of games isn’t a major issue. Ok dude.

(XxWreckedSoulxX) #159

Why are you going out of games in the first place? That’s a personal problem: Impatience.

(HUG3 N3WB) #160

Umm, no. You are completely misreading why people alt+tab.

You have to alt+tab (or minimize the game) if you want to reply to a message on the xbox app on PC. Or even to create a new one.

I have friends who can’t hear (literally) so they rely on messaging.

So i’m supposed to just ignore them like an ignorant person because of this bug?
Stop being so defensive.

It’s a bug, it needs fixing.

(XxWreckedSoulxX) #161

You talking about a notification popping on the bottom right, typing in the box, and hitting the arrow or enter doesn’t work?

That also works for me. Why does no one’s sh*t work?

EDIT: I can hear my brothers and they can hear me fine.
Also, don’t get me wrong. I understand what you’re saying

(HUG3 N3WB) #162

I’m talking about that, but not only that. Personally I find that the popup doesn’t always work. I click the text field and sometimes it lets me type, and others it opens the xbox app to show the message.

That’s only one part of course.

Let’s say for instance my friend is using the hammer. Power gained varies from game to game, depending on various factors (like how much the boss screws up your base, or not). In some games, I might only want him to hammer on the boss wave, or he might be able to hammer every 7th > 10th wave depending on power.

In those cases, I’ll need to open the xbox app to message him. Which requires a mandatory alt+tab.

I try to use the in-game global chat as much as possible to avoid this, but that still doesn’t get around stuff like:

• not being able to read a whole reply in the notification because it’s too long
  • some people have global chat disabled.
  • inviting someone to a party again if they get disconnected
  • and so on.

When I said they can’t hear, i meant literally. That’s why I said literally. Like deaf/hard of hearing.

I’m honestly not trying to “flame” or “spew negativity” like a lot of people here think.
I’d much rather everything in this game (and this issue) just worked so I didn’t have to complain about it all the time.

My gaming-life would be much happier that way, I assure you.

(sinadoom) #163

I was just asking about technical details regarding the issue. Clearly it can’t be trivial if it’s taken them this long and they’ve actually been attempting a fix, which so far seems to work at least for some people.

(HUG3 N3WB) #164

Who knows really. It could even be a large scale UWP issue. I recall Forza Horizon having crashing issues too.

I don’t know where to focus my attention anymore. It seems like Nvidia is the next place to go. But with Gears 5 like a year away, and not being able to play other games for ages due to having to stay on the old drivers…

It might be time for me to dust off the backlog, uninstall Gears 4 and just wait and hope that Gears 5 doesn’t have these issues.

(III EnVii III) #165

It actually shocked to me the core.

Doubt it will ever get fixed, TC know it, Nvidia know it, heck even AMD and my neighbors cat knows it :-1:

(HUG3 N3WB) #166

I can tell you one thing buddy, Nvidia will not be getting my business ever again.

Between this and that whole GPP program they started then abandoned due to backlash, I’ve lost faith in them. Oh and let’s not forget the whole confusing branding to trick people into buying cards that they think are better. Like the recent GTX 1030 debacle.

AMD will be my next port of call. Whenever this card breaks. I hope it lasts for a while though, because i’m absolutely broke and will have no spare money for the foreseeable future… Kind of worrying when the gaming PC is my only real form of entertainment and distraction from all the problems in my life (chronic pain suffer).

:confused:

(IScyth) #167

i’m gonna try to reinstall gears

(DastFight) #168

Don’t make that mistake. It won’t help you, mate.