Gears Forums

Important Update for Nvidia Gears 4 Windows 10 Users

(xX007Hitman32Xx) #454

Well, whatever it was yesterday it’s working now just too tired tonight to play lol.

(Mr Red Playdoh) #455

■■■■ you and gears 5! 2080ti i9-9900k cpu and i can not even play co-op with my son who is on xbox as it ■■■■■■■ freezes you can get ■■■■■■ if im buying gow 5 incompatant ■■■■■!

(III EnVii III) #456

You could always take him out, build a relationship than sitting on a game :joy::+1:

(Mr Red Playdoh) #457

We just been out and he wanted to play this with me! he is only 4 lol

(III EnVii III) #458

Yeah, sounds legit :+1:

(Mr Red Playdoh) #459

Its ok uninstalled game is ■■■■

(LorrdexPL) #460

During the last developer stream @TC_Octus mentioned TC and NVidia are working on a patch that should eliminate most of the issues (this is not a direct quote).

Good to now they’re on it :slight_smile:

(bloodytosser84) #461

I certainly hope that’s true, but i’m guessing by the time it’s fixed 5 will be out. Not that I never play 4 after that, but it likely wont be often.

(IDONTuseMODz) #462

I don’t suppose there’s a clip of this anywhere? Either way this is fantastic news, I hope it pans out. Though after all this time I’m admittedly skeptical.

I just had 3 or 4 crashes last night alone while trying to play ranked. And I don’t even dare try Horde anymore these days, teammates don’t deserve that lol.

(III EnVii III) #463

TC Octus said they are in constant comms with Nvidia who are actively trying to fix.

(XxNinJa SlyxX) #464

been couple of months since I played gears4 , got back on it yesterday , it froze on second game I played in multiplayer.

(Abbie doobie) #465

You can set a custom FPS limit I found, but it must be done manually in the config file.

1. Open up:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\GearGame\Saved\Config\UWP\GameUserSettings.ini

2. At the bottom of this config file, within the GameGearUserSettings section, add/adjust the following line:
    “FrameRateLimit=117.000000” (replace 117 with whatever you want; mine is 3 below my monitors 120hz refresh rate),

3. Save and set it as read-only. Note that if you open the Graphics menu within the game the setting will temporarily be reverted to Unlocked. Just restart, the config file will still be read-only and set to your cap.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #466

Great info. Have you been playing with it like this though? I’m scared to death to even look at the config files because I know people have said they got banned for cheating for tampering with Gears 4 config files. One guy tried to sync his RGB and got banned.

(Abbie doobie) #467

I’ve had my config file set that way for about a year now and play frequently, for what that’s worth. Can’t say for certain you wouldn’t get banned, but this would be an incredibly silly reason. I’m not tampering with the game directory, just with the config files in userdata.

So hopefully not…

(sancris777) #468

You can limit the FPS of games with Riva Tuner as well although i dunno if it works with Gears

(Me0wMix CatFood) #469

I used Riva tuner for 6 months and it’s great. I have gsync now so I don’t need it but it’s a good way to go. Adds 1 frame of delay, which isn’t all that bad.

(III EnVii III) #470

Damn, this is great info!

Will come in handy when I get my ASUS PG35VQ so I can limit FPS to 197.

Thanks so much!

I hope maybe @TC_Octus @TC_Vectes can confirm if this is ok to do?

I don’t need to for a couple months at least as I’m happy with the 144 lock in game (monitor at 150Hz) but would like to have it confirmed it’s ok to do.

(III EnVii III) #471

This is a good alternative but I don’t use it as it adds lag, if it is only a small amount though.

(Abbie doobie) #472

That’s why I stopped using Riva Tuner, it adds 1 frame of lag from what I understand, but that’s not major anyway.

If the game supports a limit so I can keep it 3 under g-sync I’ll do it in-game, but RivaTuner is my backup.

edit: you can verify the cap is set if you have the frame counter displayed. With 117 set and framecounter enabled (make sure you don’t change settings post launch!) I see 116~117 on the counter throughout gameplay.

(III EnVii III) #473

I’m ok for now as my monitor is 150Hz and so I do in game 144.

When I get my 200 Hz UltraWide (PG35VQ) - I’ll be using this technique and lock it down to 197 :+1: