Important Update for Nvidia Gears 4 Windows 10 Users

(Me0wMix CatFood) #311

Really sad to hear this as you’ve been a great member of this community.
I love this game but feel like I might have to let it go because it won’t give me a solid connection. I still get pc crashes on my 1070ti but they’re tolerable at once every other session. Micro lagging to the point that I feel like I’m playing at 15fps on pc OR console is just not tolerable though…

Sad to admit it’s to the point that I’m having a blast on Fortnite and nothing but lag rage on Gears (bizarro world). I really wish TC cared as much about this game as much as I do.

(Metal Gear Mo) #312

Thank you Meowmix. I’ve always enjoyed your posts and commentary on Gears 4. GG and good luck to you! I’m moving on to COD BO 4 with this new RTX card.:sunglasses:

(Krylon Blue) #313

It seems many players including myself are headed this way. I’ve had so many friends move on due to the connection issues but one of the last ones standing was @Metal_Gear_Mo. At this point it’s best to play other games because if it’s this bad now it’ll only get worse as other games release. The Coalition has never fixed the major lag issues which is questionable at best but I guess so long as Mexico isn’t complaining everything must be okay. But then you see issues with graphics cards and wonder why they just can’t fix it.

(Goodacre) #314

you know what I find hilarious?

during the e-sport streams they actually give away 1080’s knowing full well the game doesn’t work with them.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #315

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that. I feel like these guys are so disconnected from their community that they are oblivious to what’s really going on, or what their fans think is cool. Between giving away crashy GPUs and creating “rewards” that I would be too embarrassed to use (scions and diamond cog) I’ve really gotta wonder what’s going through their heads.

(Goodacre) #316

well the cards themselves are perfectly fine. it’s a software issue. great for playing games in my Steam library.

(Krylon Blue) #317

While true, it makes no sense to give them away during anything Gears considering their crashing on so many people.

(TGH Cyrus) #318

So is anyone here buying the next RNG crashing lagshow?

(soldiermxdeath) #319

The game still crashes even with the new Windows 10 October 2018 Update, the latest Nvidia Drivers and AMD Chipset driver (I’m using Ryzen 5 1600). It’s a game issue or Windows issue or Nvidia drivers, I don’t know. Lack of profesionalism from TC. And now in what’s new post they deleted the part “we are working with the parthers to solve this issue”. SHAME.

(Metal Gear Mo) #320

I also noticed that they’re no longer listing it as a known issue at the end of this weeks “Whats up”. Very sad. =(

(Belkain) #321

That’s all Nvidia, my AMD gpu runs the game just fine.

Finally removing that little spec of hope means they couldn’t care less about it (small bugs you can sweep under the rug but not this kind). This means only one thing for me: buy an xbox or forget about gears 5.

(soldiermxdeath) #322

I already have a Xbox One, so your solution isn’t a solution…

(Belkain) #323

That’s why I said “This means only one thing FOR ME”. Never said it was a universal fix it all solution, simply stating that Nvidia and TC weren’t able to fix the issue, they gave up and now are diverting our attention to something else.

For me the message is clear: buy an xbox.

(Artophwar) #326

Me and my brother just recently stared playing Gears 4 and have experienced multipl crashes. The game is really fun but the crashing really puts a damper on the enjoyment. We both have Nvidia cards.

It is disappointing to read that this has been a issue for so long and there is still no fix.

(Belkain) #327

At this point its almost certain there won’t be a fix for the crashes, only workaround is to use the drivers from june 2017.

(soldiermxdeath) #328

TC when will you fix this issue? seriously a lot of months with this problem I can’t play it on my PC, I’m tired with 30 fps on Xbox One version playing campaign and Horde, even on multiplayer there’s fps drops and it’s annoying.

(API) #329

@the-coalition I tried the newest drivers (NVIDIA 416.34) on October 22, 2018 with the game being obviously up to date and I still crashed (twice within 2 minutes). Let me know if you need any logs for debugging and I’d be happy to help

(Belkain) #330

Your best bet is spamming them on twitter, after todays stream its pretty obvious they care little to nothing as to what goes by on the forums. TC Octus actually said: if you’re having crashes send us your feedback, like no one had ever posted about it on the “official” forums.

(EVGA SLI) #331

mine doesn’t crash but experiences micro freezes on a gtx 1070 and gtx 1080 respectively

runs fine for a little while then runs like crap until i close and relaunch the game

(Gamerasi) #332

Blue screen problem continues. The disappointment continues.