Important Update for Nvidia Gears 4 Windows 10 Users

(TC Octus) #1

Over the past year, we have been working closely with our partners at Nvidia to resolve the frequent crashing introduced following the 382.53 driver release for Pascal series graphics cards.

The issue turned out to be extremely complex, requiring months upon months of investigation and extensive testing to discern the root cause. During this time, we worked closely with the team at Nvidia to support this investigation and work towards a resolution for Gears fans as soon as possible.

Today, we are happy to share that our friends at Nvidia have released their new 398.36 Game Ready drivers with the following update:

[Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4][DirectX12]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game. [2008731]

Based on our own internal testing and the testing from the Nvidia team, we expect this driver update to result in a major reduction of crashes related to this issue.

If you are running Gears of War 4 on a Pascal series Nvidia Card, we recommend you update to these drivers as soon as possible here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

We really appreciate all your patience and understanding during this time. This has been an issue which both Nvidia and The Coalition cared deeply about resolving, and we hope this provides a much improved experience moving forward.

As always, we’ll be monitoring and listening to your feedback to determine the success of this deployment.

Gears 4 on Windows 10 - Known Issues and Workarounds
PC freezing/NVIDIA-gears Issues
The game is right back to freezing frequently again
1070ti Users Be Warned -Driver 382.53 doesn't work and here's why
(HUG3 N3WB) #5

Wait, so you’re saying it’s not really fixed? It’ll just crash less often?

If so, color me extremely disappointed

(TC Octus) #6

We anticipate that the issue is fully resolved, but as with many things in the PC space, even extensive testing can’t make you 100% sure given all the different permutations of setups out there.

Given that, we didn’t want to talk in ‘definites’ until it’s been out there for a little while.

Game crashing and freezing randomly
(HUG3 N3WB) #7

I was hoping that was the case. That’s a fair stance to take.

I’ll certainly be reporting my testing results once I’ve tested for a long enough period to verify.

I really appreciate that this fix is here by the way. I honestly never expected this to happen, so kudos for not giving up :+1:

(Metal Gear Mo) #8

Will TC be doing anything in the form of reparations for pc players? I missed out when “every pack ever” was available in the store because of this issue. I also missed out on several XP events.:disappointed:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m ecstatic that this issue is seemingly fixed, but a year of crashing and using 382.53 is a lot to ask of your pc community. What can be done ?

(Skelface) #9

FINALLY.

Oh.
Well, I guess it’s better than nothing.

Strange timing by the way, the threads about this issue were more common this past week.

(CthulhuAlhazred) #10

I’ll check it out!!! in my case the game sometimes crashes and freezes with no response; I’ll hope this update works on my case!!

(Terry HB) #11

I use an AMD GPU, but glad to see the issue is finally being resolved. Though it really did take a while.

(iNk Primus) #12

if there is something i learned about Gears of war 4, is that “if it works, leave it the way it is”, i can manage to make it work without this update, i aint updating

(Terry HB) #13

Having to stay with older drivers means you’ll have less support for newer games. Also stops having to switch back and forth just for Gears

(TC Octus) #14

See my response below on the wording.

Gears freezing on PC post?
(sancris777) #15

I am honestly confused because i never had issues with the game crashing or freezing even with the most recent nvidia drivers…It only started freezing since the most recent Gears update

(Skelface) #16

Of course I read it. We can’t be sure until we all test the new drivers. Currently playing on Versus and Campaign, so far so good. :crossed_fingers:

(GearsOfJuan95) #17

Which GPU do you have?

(TGH Cyrus) #18

now repair that disconnects after few alt-tabs and GOW 5 maybe considered

(GearsOfJuan95) #19

I downloaded the game a week ago but this crashing issue made me to uninstall it. Now I will download it again… I hope I’m not wasting my time. Greetings from Colombia! :colombia:

(sancris777) #20

I have a GTX1080 since november and i haven’t had freezing issues until Gears updated a few weeks ago

(GearsOfJuan95) #21

So lucky dude, hope we can fix this with this last driver.

(Padobot) #22

Thx for support PC gamers, gl all with this update.

(HUG3 N3WB) #23