I'm Gonna Say It

Recently re-playing Gears 4 at the moment.

While not perfect and I prefer the armor designs and models of 5…
I think I like JD and company more in Gears 4 than 5. Specifically JD. Even with the cargo pants.

The beard is beautiful. But I appreciate how consistently whiny he is. Somehow going from cockish to broody to friendly makes JD in 5 feel weaker to me.

2 Likes

4 definitely makes the main cast more interesting.

Probably my favorite moment is Marcus getting taken, love JDs little panic attack.

Kait as a side character rather than a main character definitely suits her better. Plus her look :pensive:

5 Likes

She was so boring as a main character in 5. When I finished 4 right around when it came out, I knew TC was going to make role more important in 5 but I didn’t think they would make her the main character at all. They legit should’ve made JD part of the main lineup again like in 4. It could’ve easily made things way more interesting by for example, having him learn about what his dad went through since they really didn’t do anything good with Del,

The virgin Del
-Thinks JD yelled at Kait because he was influenced by Jinn instead of how not doing things by the books got Lizzie killed and himself almost killed.
-Literally no memorable traits outside of smart tech guy simping for Kait 24/7

The Chad JD
-Got actual character development
-Has interesting traits and flaws such as his strained relationship with Marcus
-Speaking of Marcus, had one of the best scenes in the entire series when Del died that parallels Marcus when he lost Dom

Besides inheriting her thiccaf clappers from Reyna and Myrrah, I honestly never liked Kait’s design besides her Winter Armor skin and Outsider skin in 4. I just feel like she just looks bland imoo. I keep forgetting that she had a long sidecut like every other female protag during the mid-late 2010s. And it’s not as good as lovely duchess Akagi.

4 Likes

I’d put it in an asterisk, while it’s technically “development,” it’s very rushed and more “tell, don’t show” which is the opposite of how it should work.

2 Likes

Hey man I love the longcut, plus gears 4 Kait had me on simping levels I didnt think existed.

I think the tacky chin piece that Marcus and Baird had aged bad lol.

I prefer the gears 3 look where they havent shaved as much.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few pictures of guys that actually had that facial hair around 2004-2006, (Unfortunately my dad was one of them) and man, it is such Nickleback Xbox Gears Transformers 2003 energy.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, Its a sign of the time. But it’s not a bad thing, it’s just I prefer the cliche Kait haircut over Micheal Bay Megan Fox edition hairstyles.

2 Likes

Just make Fahz the main character. Hes better than the rest of the squad.

5 Likes

Finally… someone with some taste.

Unfortunately… Captain Fenix outranks him.

1 Like

2 Likes

Make a Jack 2.0 and make him the main character.

1 Like

Forreal though. Fahz and JD are awesome characters. They should be the main duo.

1 Like

Never got that act where JD and Fahz were working for Jinn.

TC should hire me at this point.

I mean that would be better than Fahz

Koty if WIcked is holding you hostage blink 3 times

1 Like

Whats wrong with Fahz? Lol is it the fact that he wears sunglasses indoors ?

His entire personality is garbage.

Really doesn’t help his/your case.

3 Likes

So’s mine.

1 Like

You have an approach to gaming that isn’t about shaming everyone else that is better or worse than you, which is rare.

You can get annoyed by things without it needing a grand gesture like threatening to uninstall the game

You are willing to help everyone, even people that are rude to you or steal your man.

Not sure how you are anything like Fahz, but maybe you do wear sunnies indoors.

1 Like

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I don’t. I can barely see as it is lol

1 Like