Im done with this game thanks to its ranking system

(DeIe Allli) #602

ranking system is trash, you are only D3 coz u play in stacks

(TC Octus) #603

That post doesn’t mention it but it’s something we’ve said many times in many places -

Diamond 1-5 is a TINY percentile of the population. You will see dramatic swings there and the path upwards will be incredibly tough because it doesn’t operate like the other Tiers as such. We didn’t expect to see a change in the performance of those Tiers.

Basically, Diamond 1-5 is such a tight skill gap that any loss can have a big impact on your placement if even the smallest skill rating gain occurs. It’s not a linear progression system.

Getting to Diamond 5 will only come with extreme consistency at winning matches and performing well. Your Skill Rating will need to be one of the best in the game to get there and hardly anyone will make it. Good luck.

(OneShotConflict) #604

Thank you. I really appreciate that you took the time to reply. I’m not complaining for the sake of complaining, was just curious why the swings are so drastic for a loss. I’ll just keep grinding it out.

(PROZeuskillhack) #605

your ■■■■■■■ ranked system is a ■■■■ I won 5 games and I did not raise anything but then I lost 2 and they come out with their trash that they take me down 3.50 percent do not get ■■■■■■ fix their ■■■■■■■ the coalition trash

(SaSuKe One) #606

This this this and this! I feel you at TC DOES IT ON PURPOUSE! And it sucks! her is one thong thats bother me,we can crush a team 180-0. And suddenly in the other rounds they are unkillable. Like they got mahic powers. Wtf?!!

(Ektope) #607

Went down 3.5%?
That ain’t much.

(Jack the Simple) #608

I agree, this ranking system is bad. I’ve just about had it with Gears, ranked was the only thing keeping me playing but If it does not reward you when you win games + get MVP, I sure as hell can’t find incentive to keep playing. I’d rather play Overwatch competitively and that’s saying something…

(PUCHUS 7L) #609

ve had enough of this game crap. Fix the ranks that I’ve been over 40 victories all week and nothing comes up. GT: Puchus 7L

(Jack the Simple) #610

This ranking system in this game is so convoluted, it makes the story plot to Kingdom Hearts seem easy to follow.

(EVIL 0NE) #611

There have been multiple threads of this topic, and TC decided to create a Main thread to discuss the Ranking System for Gears of War 4: HERE

Closing to keep organized

(EVIL 0NE) #612

(Navajo Sioux 24) #613

My rank just moved up 1% for a month. I get that all rank placements for each game mode are a KOTH kind of thing. But to be moving up only 1% for a month is just crazy. At the time I was 98% O3 and I played with my PC buddies and lose twice to Aimbotters. Well that dropped me to 81% and that was a month ago until today I win another match and moved up…1% Well, that’s TC gears for me. TC you guys did a great job with the system, I applaud you. I know they won’t change the system because they don’t want to. So yea.

(API) #614

So you played 1 match in the last month and you are complaining that you only moved up 1% in the last month? Or you have been playing consistently within the last month?

(Navajo Sioux 24) #615

I have been playing constantly in the last month. The thing is that when I lose I didn’t drop because I faced diamond players but when I did beat a team of diamond players, they rewarded me 1%. So I was 81% O3 to now 82%.

(API) #616

Interesting. Well, some people are just Onyx 3 level players and aren’t ready for Diamond. I’m not saying that’s you, but I’m not saying it’s not you either. You haven’t provided an evidence that you deserve a promotion. Winning a game here or there against Diamonds doesn’t mean you are a Diamond player yourself.

Diamond is only 2% of the population. The other 98% of people need to belong somewhere else. Some people are stuck at a rank because it is their rank.

Although, if you play with a team, you could probably get Diamond. If you’re already playing with a team and you’re still stuck, you’re probably just an Onyx 3 type of player.

(J4CKA1) #617

No! everyone should be able to be #1 at the exact same time. Don’t you poison his mind like this!

(TSG BlackUltrax) #618

I went up from diamomd 2 from 2% to 80% by winning six games in a row. Try playing in a full squad and try to get MVP most of the time.

(VENENO34) #619

I was at 98.41% I get losing games but at Onyx 3 I barely moved, even after winning games I go down. I was even streaking and still went down, this to me doesn’t make sense and really frustrates me. Not to mention I’m getting gold and silver teammates going up against 3 diamonds (really happened).

(Navajo Sioux 24) #620

Idk man this season just seems harder to get diamond because last season I made diamond in KOTH and that was real easy. But I don’t think I’ll be diamond this season. It seems like I play with a squad I progress slowly. I got to diamond 1 in guardian by myself, The other day I played tdm with my friends and they were the same rank as me and they progressed but I stayed the same. So I played a match by myself and I went up drastically with the W and taking MVP. Crazy.

(Avenge Her) #621

I disagree. If you’re a diamond tier player, you should be awarded diamond. Having limited spots for players that idle their position once they achieve diamond simply isn’t fair to those who grind and play everyday. I’ve made various post regarding this issue, alot of Diamond players really shouldn’t even be Diamond, There’s D5 with significantly worst stats then me, but because they took advantage of the Season early they were able to propel themselves to Diamond status securing those spots. Meanwhile me and my friends are stuck in 03 Limbo despite us beating Diamonds pretty much everyday (We both have fairly high winning % well over 55%). Every match we play has a bare minimum of at least one Diamond 1 or 2. Hell, my friend beat a stacked Diamond 5 squad yesterday, and even though he didn’t get MVP, he didn’t move up in ranking smh.