Im done with this game thanks to its ranking system

(TheDeuterostome) #542

The ranking is trash. I don’t even care about my rank anymore. I am very quickly drifting away from this multiplayer at this point in the game!

(API) #543

I remember in Season 1, I played 5 placement games of KOTH with my two friends. I got overall MVP or our team’s MVP every single game. They got between 2nd-4th on our team, which was maybe 3rd-8th overall.

I got Bronze 3. They got Silver 3 and Onyx 1. We had all been only Silver 3 or something in Season 0, so previous season ranks shouldn’t have mattered.

Anyway, yeah it’s very broken lol.

(R SW1PE) #544

“I haven’t played versus in ages”…there’s the problem, not that you were losing. It’s actually designed to be like that. You’re meant to be put into a lower level off your placement matches so you have something to work towards. You shouldn’t have too much trouble moving up the lower ranks if you’re getting MVP even if you are losing more than half of your matches.

(III EnVii III) #545

We can #MakeGearsGreatAgain by building a wall around High Ping Players, Paid For by said high ping players, to keep them out and stop them from ruining MP games.

@Krylon_Blue

(Omen LP) #546

Lol, yeah, it’s been said many times: they took a system designed to rank chess players in 1v1 matches (where there is no relative performance and winning or losing is the main thing) and bastardized it for TEAM based competitions where your individual performance means nearly squat.

I mean, I am top of my team in KOTH, I outscore several higher ranked players on bother teams, I don’t get outscored by anyone lower ranked than me, and my rank… goes DOWN. Because we lost the match. How TF is that a better indication of my individual skill than beating several players of a higher rank?

And then we win! I, also, outscore higher ranked players on both teams… my rsnk stays put. Because, apparently, we were expected to win.
Was I expected tto outscore higher players too?!!??

If yes, I should be higher rank. If not, then I should be upgraded…

Hahahaha… I just laugh at the stupidity of their algorithm, and the feeble attempts to “justify” it…

(III EnVii III) #547

Wow, lost 30% because of a 2-1 loss and they were slightly higher ranked then my team.

Crazy, what happened to less volatile changes?

(OneShotOneRAGE) #548

Hope you ain’t referring to the match we had earlier… :wink::joy:

(III EnVii III) #549

No, not that one, it was much later.

Only lost 1% for that one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

First match of the day that you know :joy:

(OneShotOneRAGE) #550

Haha i know my dude just teasing yah! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy: Not surprised really teams were pretty equal with me being the exception although let’s be honest I played pretty crap that match… :joy::see_no_evil:

(III EnVii III) #551

Aha, you were the reason they won :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Plus that second round, the drop shot was the decider - we couldn’t get it and it is so dangerous in the right hands !

And then It was all or nothing on that last ring, congrats to you guys holding it down :clap:

Was a good game but way to intense for my first match on :sob:

(OneShotOneRAGE) #552

Haha you might think that but TBH like you said Dropshot was definitely the decider and i didn’t even pick up the Dropshot all game so whoever had the Dropshot on my team definitely didn’t show any mercy :joy: I got killed by the Dropshot so many times on the round that you won :joy: Always a pleasure playing with you though bro! :ok_hand:t3::blush:

(III EnVii III) #553

Yeah, I get what you mean!

And same, always a pleasure bro, but I prefer you on my side of the team :joy::joy::joy::raised_hands:

(Destro WOD) #554

The rank system is like that, even if your godly, if you don’t play rank you gonna end up with bronze/silver first. I had my first placement matches on my second account annihiling everybody and yet i was placed low… :confused: lol

For the ones that will want to comment “why a second account, did you got suspended for quiting?” Nop. It was because i was playing with some casual friends who hardly ever play GOW, i didn’t wanted to put them under pressure of performing or such , or having them matched against better player cause of my Onyx rank.

(III EnVii III) #555

The game never recognises my ability and always starts me on on Gold 1.

My friends normally go straight into Onyx 1.

And believe it or not, we all do the placement matches together where I’m either 1st or 2nd…

Makes no sense :slightly_frowning_face:

(HUG3 N3WB) #556

It has been so long that I forgot that. Thanks for the info

(III EnVii III) #557

Yeah, I find it likes to do that but I have no issues going back to my previous rank.

The hard part is the game gets stubborn and won’t move me from it.

I could be sweating a whole river and put in a performance of a lifetime and absolutely destroy some Onyx 3 / Diamond players and then at the end might be lucky to get a 1% rise if at all.

A loss and I plummet 20-30% :-1:

(MisterKnoItAll) #558

i feel your pain trust me. we beat a much better team few nights ago… obviously i didnt get mvp but held my own… we won the match and yet i actually went DOWN in rank by about one percent. the ranking system in this game is beyond pathetic.

(III EnVii III) #559

That makes ZERO sense.

That Diamond should be relegated back to Bronze 1 :raised_hands:

(SM0KIN D4BS) #560

Meanwhile I can do 26-6 in a match and not move an inch in percentage…but someone who plays at 8-8 makes diamond??? ■■■■■?

(III EnVii III) #561

It’s not about one match, it’s about consistency.

That Diamond might have won his 20th game in a row? :eyes: