Im done with this game thanks to its ranking system

(Avenge Her) #482

Once you hit Diamond ranking I don’t see why anyone would want to play Solo anyway, especially if they want to keep their rank.

A Gold or Onyx level player can play solo from time to time, because he or she will match up with people of similar skill more likely then not.

You’re not topping the leaderboards when you’re playing with your squad, thus you’re not ranking up. You can’t blame the ranking system or your teammates. If the Onyx 3 and Diamond 2 are placing higher then you, considering you yourself labeled them, “Good Players”, then they are certainly getting rank ups.

The only way to get percentage is to play solo

To me it sounds like. “I can’t rank up with my squad because they place higher then me when we win. The only way I can get the most points on my team is if I play solo, but I have to play with randoms.”

Either you start spotting more enemies to get that extra 30 points with your squad to get MVP, or you start averaging 15-18+ kills a game solo.

Plus, you’re Diamond 4 bro, is that really something you should be complaining about? Clearly, the ranking system HAS worked for you, because you wouldn’t even be a diamond 4. So your progression is working more effectively than others, who are trying their hardest to even hit diamond 1.

I am not trying to belittle your post, but I am quite sure, 1 or 2 weeks from now you’ll be a D5.

(waterflame116) #483

Ha, I’d be in Diamond 5 if every single win in the past 2 days was actually counted.

(Amaaan asif88) #484

Now my rank stack it 57% tdm everything is broken severs broken ranking is broken matchmaking is broken if you search by yourself it’s take 12to15 minutes to find a game i think i should stop playing gears tc destroyed gears

(wrickardoh) #485

Why is my percentage not going up when I win but will go down every loss? I can win 7 in a row and it refuses to go up???

(Ryujin Kinggggg) #486

Welcome to the club

(Kitten Britchez) #487

Maybe you’re highly ranked playing against others lower ranked than you? In which case you performed as expected and no need to rank up, right?

(Relax Mxte) #488

To be fair the reasoning is stupid. I’m Diamond 4 in Escalation and have only seen one other Diamond 4 so far. Not really fair for me not to gain because no one else can catch up. Literally the only way to gain percent is to 7-0 the enemy team which rarely happens

(ARM4Nii z) #489

I don’t know why they can’t fix it. The game released 1 year ago and they still can’t find a real solution for it.

(Tk Trigga iWi) #490

I have the same issue! its crazy i’ve been stuck on 95 percent for ages i won like 6 matches back to back and had mvp in at least 3 of them. This really needs to be fixed @Gears_Forums_00 @Gears_Forums_01 it’s not fair at all.

(GHO5TS3C) #491

Just won 6 games in a row, then lost one, checked my rank % after those 7 games. It went from 24.6% to 22.2%. Correct me if im wrong but shouldnt it have increased from 24.6% with 6 wins and 1 loss? Extremely aggravated right now. Absolutely bulls**t

(GhostofDelta2) #492

Not necessarily.

The ranking doesn’t only deal with wins and losses. It deals with expected versus unexpected wins and losses. It also counts rounds won and lost.

Edit: Ryan Cleven, lead MP dev for TC released a paper explaining in detail how the system works, would you like me to link it?

(Horde Legend) #493

Nope…you lost to a team that you were calculated to beat I bet so that basically cancels out any level up and results in a loss of rank

(HUG3 N3WB) #494

I’d like to read it, if you have a link?

Thanks

(GhostofDelta2) #495

HERE you go

(HUG3 N3WB) #496

Thanks dude

(GHO5TS3C) #497

I still call bulls**t… We were gold n onyx… Team we lost to had one diamond… Rest onyx. Its doing the same thing tonight. When you lose it drops %. When you win it does not raise %. Im gona give them the benefit of the doubt but its still really aggravating. I hope by the time gears 5 rolls around they have updated servers for the ranks. The delay in moving up or down is ridiculous even if it is working correctly.

(KatzeVomMond) #498

The system is extremely flawed. I had two games in a row yesterday that were a 1v5 and a 3v5 because my teammates quit after the first round and I lost rank percentage for both games. So the game thinks that I should win a 1v5 to even maintain my rank.

(Engage MoocH) #499

It is broken and don’t think it will be fixed till the next Gears tbh

(III EnVii III) #500

Not exactly.

If they left round 1 - it would not expect you to win round 2.

Therefore you would have only lost % for the first round that you lost.

If they left in round 2 then unfortunately you would lose % because the system has already made its prediction at the beginning of the round.

(HUG3 N3WB) #501

You nailed it there. The system should recalculate whenever there is a change in the match (read: afk’er, quitters). This predict once or twice screw anything else that happens is silly