Gears Forums

I'm certain the terminator skin gives an advantage

I’m not the best player in the world but every game I play the swarm team if they are made up of mostly terminators they win. Like every time. Once or twice would be a coincidence but its happening very very consistently. I played a game of exhibit koth. It was a bloodbath swarm and cog are blue and white/red these guys are pitch black. It can’t be a coincidence

1 Like

There’s no difference in playing with any character in PvP.

1 Like

The enemy team was just better. A skin is not going to make you better.

2 Likes

They are annoyingly loud and they can blend to any environments like a chameleons.

However I kill them left and right.

I was hoping for John Connor & Arnold as T800 skins for versus not just endoskeleton.

2 Likes

It might be placebo effect. #RiseoftheMachines

1 Like

Heres where the arguement falls flat on its face - I can hear a terminator 's footsteps coming a mile off , They are so loud and clanky its impossible to sneak up on anyone with surround sound headphones on using a T800.

But i think i know what your getting at wth the character build being quite thin maybe? We had this years ago with other woman charecters and the hit boxes are all the same we were told by Rod.

I think most people would prefer a skinny character as it makes you feel like you wont get hit as much but im afraid thats horse s**t with the players that play these days.

1 Like

It could all be placebo but I have in fact noticed I have a smoother bounce, stick to walls less and don’t get hit with typical gears bs when I play as the T800. I recall a moment in Gears 4 where anybody playing Gears Corpse would sponge shots more often than other characters so I feel like this might be the same thing.

The advantage the T skin has is that it’s hard to see and hard to track. But the devs are aware and are going to fix that

1 Like

Well, you can hear them a mile off. They sound like, well, a machine.

I don’t normally struggle against them in my matches against them in finding them. I can see why people do, but in my experience, I haven’t had a problem with it.

1 Like

Pretty much this.

CLINK CLANK CLINK CLANK HERE COMES THE TERMINATOR!!!.

…Then the second they stop moving they chameleon themselves into the wall textures.

5 Likes

I think the only real advantage the terminators have is on asylum, because they’re just so damn hard to see in the light on that map lol, hard to track properly when aiming. Feels like im gonna miss my shot no matter what when I fight them on that map >.<

On the other hand, you can hear them coming from a mile away, chinck chinck chinck chinck

1 Like

Gears 4 had audio issues with foosteps and I seem to be the only one who does in 5. The beta was fine, I was easily able to hear enemy footsteps.

Now most matches I don’t and I’ve noticed a strong correlation between me not hearing footsteps and the variants of pings in the lobby.

2 Likes

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE(S) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

No real advantage. The colouring of the game in my opinion seems too ‘dark’ even though my brightness/contrast are quite high.

The Terminators blend with the envitonment. I have a very hard time seeing them.

2 Likes

I made a thread the other day that I believe the T800 does have a competitive advantage. Specifically on dark maps, especially asylum and exhibit. I legit can’t see the friggin things!

1 Like

I have a hard time seeing them… I don’t normally play with my volume to loud so i don’t hear them but I’ve been surprised by them more times than I can remember and it doesn’t go well normally…

1 Like

Does anyone else frequently mistake Emile for Swarm?

Loud and hard to see = stay back and use rifles

1 Like