I'll give one to the Haters

Amen to that

1 Like

I know, but I just wish that more people felt that way. They talk a great game about how the market is flawed but yet they still spend. The thing is, I really wouldn’t have a big how-to with the market so much if Iron was more obtainable like credits were in G4. Many people said they were a grind, but every 5 levels you went you got some credits and every time you reupped you got credits. you also got credits from matches and I was able to get most of the stuff from either scrap building or from credits. I never spent any money in G4 market either.

This is the big issue with being like this, there are some things in the store that are neat but I don’t want to pull out my wallet, I want to earn them by getting Iron or more scrap from the game itself. That would be more consumer friendly if they insist on keeping the store.

1 Like

Every SP I got the content was pretty decent and I enjoyed what I got and I didn’t have to spend an arm and a leg for it. If you bought an SE game and got the SP you got it at a discount. This model was consumer friendly and it did give you content. Most SP’s I had didn’t give the bare minimum and actually was worthwhile content for the price charged.

If you call these meh skins and bloodsprays quality content, then we have a very differing opinion on quality.

1 Like

I’m telling ya, man, the only way this business model fails is with a market crash. Triple-A studios have turned into massive beasts. They need to fail. A handful of gamers not putting in their credit card info isn’t going to drive change. There needs to be a mass exodus of gamers to indie games. The larger indie studio are about the size, have about the same budget, and put about the same level of quality as Triple-A studios 20-25 years ago. Once this gaming bubble bursts and no longer is the golden goose for these f*cking publishers, that’s the only thing that puts a bullet into the game service model. They’re drunk off the truckloads of money it rakes in, and they aren’t going to stop. You want change, go back to the roots of gaming, those guys are still out there. They just aren’t owned by Microsoft and Sony.

1 Like

You are wasting your time.

3 Likes

It’s a forum about a video game, the mere act of posting here is inherently a waste of time.

1 Like

This is fair too. My most played game isn’t even a AAA title. The game I’ve been putting work in for the past 6 years is an F2P that is thousands times better than most games anymore. I play Warframe a sh^t-ton and it’s by an Independent publisher and I’m way more apt to support that game because it’s a quality game that gets a lot of updates and loads of content. It’s a beautiful game.

Fact is, the time I spend on this game is going to dwindle after the challenges just because it’s not keeping me interested. We’ll see how it plays out in the end.

1 Like

I was honestly with you until you said Warframe. I’m glad you like it, but there’s no way I could support that game.

I’m talking about that guy.
He’s on every tread repeating the same over and over and over again.
No argument or different viewpoint
(also the fact that we are talking about overpriced store, no the store itself)
Changes that he’s repeating the same argument in every post he come to.

1 Like

To each their own. I’ve been on it for a very long time, first game I played on the PS4, been with it ever since. I understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

The games only been out for about a month and a half. Little early to judge and season pass content typically doesn’t release til several months after launch.

Yeah, but at least the game was complete and had the characters you needed and maps, and decent modes. This game is incomplete and there isn’t anything fresh.

Yeah, I played it for a while and liked it, but really once I found out how costly or time consuming getting a frame could be, I walked. I get that it’s free, but some of those frames would run as much as a new game, not to mention they did the whole Vault thing. But I know a lot of people like it and I do understand why they enjoy it.

1 Like

Big part of the game is running the trade market. Farm a bunch of sh*t, sell what you don’t want, buy what you want.

1 Like

Yup. Spending time on the market can be quite lucrative.

@Dilaudid281
I admit that some of it can definitely be quite pricy but I don’t mind the grind. The Prime packs are the most expensive out of everything, but you do get a lot in them. You still don’t have to buy them and can get the prime frame for free, so there’s that. The trade market makes it a bit easier to get pieces too if you get a bit frustrated with the grind. At the moment just finished getting Atlas, almost have Dethcube and the Tekko.

1 Like

Don’t even really have to spend time, the market website does all the work for you. You just list it and move on with your day.

1 Like

That’s good to know. I have a friend who’s been wanting to get back into it, maybe I’ll give it another shot. Could be a case of me just being ignorant of the different methods of acquiring stuff. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Not a problem. If you ever need to know something and can’t find an answer you can hit me up and there’s also a wiki for it. Mindful, not everything on there is accurate, but a good bit of it is. Especially drop chances and what levels are best for things.

1 Like

It’s a bit more than that. You list, then you have to wait for someone to ping you about it then trade. Or, you have to look through the posts to see who needs something of yours, message them, post your price and collect on the deal in either the dojo or Maroos Bizarre.

Yea,Gears 5 model does not support the idea that content will be quality at all.
Take Halo 5 for instance. Has the similar type of model, no season pass. That game had to worst post launch support I have ever seen. Lot of remix maps, twisted version of firefight and classic game modes but with maps done by the community with the map editor.

I am not saying this happened because of the post launch model the Halo 5 has, just that there is nothing that guarantees the quality will be better because of this model.

3 Likes